    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Jan 13, 2006

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Interesting, I'll ask Dracos if we can get one to review. Looks pretty cool.

    The Modfather, Jan 13, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We should have...

    ...Unholy do the review. He loves Sunbeam Tech stuff.:knuddel:

    bigal, Jan 13, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    What does Sunbeam have to do with it? That just confused the heck out of me Al. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 13, 2006
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    unholy, Jan 13, 2006
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Oh, I didn't know that, well it LOOKS nice but I guess it's gonna be made out of tin foil and plastic wrap if it's a Sunbeam.

    The Modfather, Jan 14, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, Sunbeam make good stuff, i just haven't had one of there cases before :|

    unholy, Jan 14, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ohh, then you would know, kinda like how you know Zalman isn't as good as the cooler you just tested huh? :)

    This is why people invented the phrase "he ain't got no mileage". People shouldn't say stuff about things they don't know about. Having had first hand experience with Zalman, Thermaltake, Sunbeam and tons of other hardware, I base my opinions on what I know and try to not have an opinion on things I don't know. You really need to try that. I'm not saying that maybe, just maybe, Sunbeam could make a good product, but so far, they've got a bad track record with me and I'd avoid their stuff if I was shelling out the dough for it myself.

    The Modfather, Jan 14, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well on the other side,

    Sunbeam has had a good record with me, and asus have had a bad.

    Every ASUS board i have seen or had has died, the only one still living (fully) is my brothers. even my friend (tyson) his new ASUS A8N-SLi has a screwed up memory module socket.

    Sunbeam = Good
    ASUS = Bad

    ASUS took just under a month to reply to me that the A7N266-VM could not function for TV-Out.

    ps i never did say that Zalman was worse, i said they could be compared. And they would problably be no different to each other :p.

    Dont get me wrong though, i haven't tested any Sunbeam Cases, but everything else has proven quite well, even their friendlyness :p

    unholy, Jan 14, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well, what's Asus got to do with anything? Never brought them up.

    See, you don't have as easy access to the quality parts over there, I think that's the problem, being so close to the orient you wind up with a lot of garbage from Taiwan, which just isn't good.

    The Modfather, Jan 14, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    the only crap i have had from Taiwan so far was a case i could literally bend with my bare hands. It was monged... by heaps i had to guy a new case it got wrecked so quickly :|

    unholy, Jan 14, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Like I explained, Taiwaneese stuff is going to be junk, there's no two ways about it, if it uses any metal (in construction or at the component and electronics level) it's going to fall apart. Their deposits of iron ore are the worst in the world, there's no arguement there it's simply a fact. Without the quality iron ore you can't make decent metals of any kind. On top of this the work done there is so far below par it's not funny. If you were being paid pennies an hour to do work how much effort would you put into it? On top of which there's no such thing as quality control there. It's basically sweat shops and slave labor. Nothing good can come out of there. That's why Taiwaneese stuff is so inexpensive, it costs them next to nothing to make so whatever they do make is almost all pure profit. You might have been lucky with the stuff you've had so far, but it's just a matter of time. On top of which, as I said, you don't have a lot of quality stuff to compare it to. If you're going to compare apples to apples you'll never see a difference. So comparing one Taiwaneese piece of junk to another is pointless. This isn't a matter of opinion but of research done by lots of different reputable sources, including Consumer Reports and lots of other consumer advocate groups.

    My own experience and that of my father, between us having over 100 years of experience in the electronics industry, shows that it's a rare exception and not the rule when anything of good quality comes out of that country.

    The Modfather, Jan 15, 2006
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hmmmm thats probably why i like the stuff that come from germany :) AC Cooling is german :). ASUS is chinese. and DFI is chinese too. but all mobos are chinese. I am just glad they dont make expensive ram in china :|

    If u want to compare some, look at home made CAT5/e cables and then look at the imported ones you have to pay for. They almost never stick to guidelines :|

    I dont think your wrong, its just sunbeam might have taken a different approch, you never really do know, they might have even started to use different materials and so forth. But its not to likely. Though i would like to mention that sunbeam doesn't make their stuff in Tiwian but they make it in China. Not sure why but they do.

    I have noticed Most electronics from Tiwian are cheaply put together.

    I still perfer the good old self made cases :), or the super strong ones from the 486 years :)

    unholy, Jan 15, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Taiwan isn't exactly the same as China, that's a big ol' hunk o' land so you can't say if it's gonna be good or not, you have to just hope so. It's still usually slave labor and stuff like that out of China but it doesn't have to be total crap all the time, just most of the time. :)

    German electronics are high quality of course, but they're falling behind the times technology wise and need to do some serious catching up while maintaining the strict quality control.

    The Modfather, Jan 15, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    All i know is german people sure do know how to make heatsinks :).

    China's an odd manufacture, one things rubbish one thing ownz. Really hard to establish a general point about chinese products :|

    unholy, Jan 16, 2006
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Right, because they're such a large and diverse country and culture. It's kinda like here in the US, we've got good stuff and some absolutly crappy stuff, you can't really say it's all good or bad because of where it comes from. The reason you can with Taiwan though is that their raw materials are garbage and they don't have any quality control across the board.

    The Modfather, Jan 16, 2006
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh you guys...

    ...fighting over which country makes the best products. Would you believe I saw some Russian motorcycles (Ural) this past weekend at the International Cycle World Motorcycle show in Washington DC? They looked like carbon copies of the old beemers from WWII. Skinny tires on bikes with sidecars. Not much excitement there, but good enough to haul the groceries.:elephant:

    bigal, Jan 16, 2006
  18. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Oh yer modfather, dont downgrade Tiwians ability to design, they do wuite well :)

    Carbon Copies!!! CC:Beemers@WWII.com.war :)

    unholy, Jan 17, 2006
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Jan 17, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol nice subject change al. they are babes to you, but way to old for me :p

    unholy, Jan 18, 2006