    such utility provided. Anyone know of such a bit of software?

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, May 24, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal strength
    > report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+ access point
    > there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a bit of software?

    netstumbler
    also handy for wardriving
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 24, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal
    >> strength report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+
    >> access point there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a
    >> bit of software?

    > netstumbler
    > also handy for wardriving

    And no good for AP's in client mode :cool:

    or am I wrong

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, May 25, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    EMB Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > And no good for AP's in client mode :cool:
    >
    > or am I wrong

    You've been wrong before... but I'm fairly certain you're right this time :p

    --
    EMB
    EMB, May 25, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>> On my notebook I have some nice software that gives me a signal
    >>> strength report for WiFi connectivity, but with the Dlink Airplus G+
    >>> access point there is no such utility provided. Anyone know of such a
    >>> bit of software?

    >> netstumbler
    >> also handy for wardriving

    > And no good for AP's in client mode :cool:
    > or am I wrong

    and thats why I should read things before posting... although if you
    have an external antenna, you could adjust it using NS and your lappy,
    and then flick it over to the AP.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> netstumbler
    >>> also handy for wardriving

    >> And no good for AP's in client mode :cool:
    >> or am I wrong

    > and thats why I should read things before posting... although if you
    > have an external antenna, you could adjust it using NS and your lappy,
    > and then flick it over to the AP.

    IBM R51 no external antenna connection so no that dont work either... :cool:

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, May 26, 2005