    I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
    software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
    Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

    frannie, Sep 7, 2006

  2. frannie

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:56:43 GMT, "frannie" <u26299@uwe> wrote:

    >I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
    >software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
    >Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

    Does it have 64-bit drivers?

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 7, 2006

  3. frannie

    frannie Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    >>I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
    >>software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
    >>Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

    >Does it have 64-bit drivers?

    No it doesn't

    frannie, Sep 7, 2006
  4. frannie

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:13:24 GMT, "frannie" <u26299@uwe> wrote:

    >Jud Hendrix wrote:
    >>>I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
    >>>software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
    >>>Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

    >>Does it have 64-bit drivers?

    >No it doesn't

    Don't want to be picky, but you posted in the wrong group :-B
    This one deals with Windows 64-bit problems, uhm pardon, challenges :-D

    Anyway, see if you have the latest drivers for your card, and sometimes the
    computer-hardware can have changed too much so your card won't run at all,
    so have a look in the KB at the manufacturer's website.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 7, 2006
  5. I would argue that a lack of 64-bit support for hardware IS a 64-bit
    problem/challenge. (I mean, if not here, then where else?)

    At any rate, I would suggest giving the planetamd64.com forums a search;
    there's a chance that someone's developed at least a beta driver that
    supports your tuner chipset. From there you -might- need a 3rd party
    application like MystTV or SageTV, but tuner/capture cards are a little
    outside of my immediate sphere of knowledge. Best of luck getting it to work
    in x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGluIFRpbiBEZW8=?=, Sep 7, 2006
  6. I think I know what the problem is. The card is PCI 2.2 compliant while the
    motherboard manual says that the slots are PCI 2.3 compliant. Can this be the
    prolem?

    frannie via WindowsKB.com, Sep 8, 2006