    I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
    It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
    What can you recommend.

    brenda, Aug 31, 2007

  2. brenda

    meerkat Guest

    "brenda" <> wrote in message
    news:9RVBi.41750$...
    >I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
    > It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
    > What can you recommend.

    CCleaner is pretty good, BUT she must decide what she clicks to
    clean !
    The Issues button will have a look at the Registry, BUT, she must
    backup any items she cleans !.

    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 31, 2007

  3. brenda

    brenda Guest

    I think the registry needs sorting out for sure

    brenda, Aug 31, 2007
  4. "brenda" <> wrote in

    > I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
    > It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
    > What can you recommend.

    It's the USA "Labor Day" long-weekend holiday on this side of the beach, so
    you should stay away from 1) United Airlines (safety issues); 2) motorboats
    (weather and hurricane issues); 3) driving over here (that'd just be daft);
    and, postal services (they're even slower than US airports).

    Perhaps your daughter could post here as you have?

    Good luck.

    --

    "Be careful about reading health books.
    You may die of a misprint." -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

    (O
    |__ BECAUSE OF THE RETARDS NORMAL PEOPLE
    .-|___ CAN NEVER PARK BY THE FRONT AGAIN
    ( ) \_
    `--'

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 31, 2007
  5. brenda

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Aug 31, 2007
  6. brenda

    Plato Guest

    brenda wrote:

    > I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
    > It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.

    Run various anti-virus. Run various anti-spyware. Run ccleaner. Delete
    all temp and internet cache files. Then defrag.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 2, 2007