Tulips from Holland

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers, May 10, 2006.

  1. Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers, May 10, 2006

  2. Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers

    silvercelt Guest

    They are beautiful flowers, I sadly was there wrong time of year for
    the Tulips=(. Your photos are very fresh and lovely colours.

    http://www.lornakemble.net/
    silvercelt, May 10, 2006

  3. Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers

    tkranz Guest

    Which camera angle to use when taking flower shots, especially tulips, is
    very much a matter of personal preference. Your preferred view, from the
    side and below happens not to grab me in most cases. I also found that some
    of the shots did not communicate to me a clear theme - a focal point or
    symmetry. My favorite is #41 (
    http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/origineel/41.html
    ) - this is a very dramatic shot with interesting contrasts and a very
    interesting pattern to the stems and flowers with the light coming through
    from above. The minute I saw the thumbnail of this shot, I said to myself,
    "I can't wait for the full size image to load on my slow dialup!" Very
    nice!

    Here's a link to two tulip pictures I took last week with a different
    viewing angle;
    www.mudhotline.com/la/tulip/tulip.html

    outside my front door near Buffalo, not in Holland, sadly!- tsk

    tkranz, May 10, 2006
  4. Andrew MacPherson, May 11, 2006
  5. "Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    > Tulip impressions on:
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index4.html

    I have wondered how to take photos of individual tulips, usually ending up
    taking them from above but that is not as satisfactory as yours. Learn
    something new every day.
    Mind you when I was in Keukenhof in 2004 I only had a Kodak P&S with 3Mp.
    These are some of the snaps I took then.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gthart and go to the Keukenhof album.
    Next time I will take the dSLR and my small tripod. And tell my wife to go
    sightseeing on her own. :)

    Gerrit
    Gerrit 't Hart, May 11, 2006
  6. Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers

    Cynicor Guest

    Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
    > "Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Tulip impressions on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index4.html
    >>

    > I have wondered how to take photos of individual tulips, usually ending up
    > taking them from above but that is not as satisfactory as yours. Learn
    > something new every day.

    Tulips lend themselves to a lot of interesting angles. I want to do a
    vase photo this weekend if I can find some good ones around too.

    http://trupin.smugmug.com/popular/5/68293842
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/824700/2/36824430
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/824734/1/36825947
    Cynicor, May 11, 2006
  7. Threadstopper, May 11, 2006
  8. "Threadstopper" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> schreef in bericht

    > "Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >> Tulip impressions on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index4.html
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index5.html
    >>
    >> Your comments are appreciated.

    > Really beautiful pictures Gregoir, Holland is on my 'must visit list' next
    > spring.
    >
    > I also like your website layout very much, do you use a commercial
    > programme
    > or did you design it yourself?
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    >
    > Milk floats, stainless steel sinks

    Hi Steve,

    Thanks for your compliments.

    The first half of May is the best time to visit Holland. Flowers and flowers
    everywhere.

    My website is my own design.

    Best regards,

    Gregoir
    Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers, May 11, 2006
  9. Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers

    tom spillman Guest

    > "Threadstopper" <steve at pvl dot co dot uk> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>"Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Tulip impressions on:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index4.html
    >>>
    >>>and
    >>>
    >>>http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/bloemen/index5.html
    >>>
    >>>Your comments are appreciated.

    >>Really beautiful pictures Gregoir, Holland is on my 'must visit list' next
    >>spring.
    >>
    >>I also like your website layout very much, do you use a commercial
    >>programme
    >>or did you design it yourself?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Steve

    If you go to Holland try and be sure to see Keukenhof in the spring. It
    is absolutely spectacular. People come from all over the world to see
    it. Here's a link with some information about it:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keukenhof

    Here's another link with a slide show:

    http://www.stsite.com/Keukenhof/index.php

    We lived in The Netherlands almost five years and we never missed seeing
    Keukenhof each spring.

    Regards...

    Tom
    tom spillman, May 11, 2006
  10. "tom spillman" <> wrote in message

    > If you go to Holland try and be sure to see Keukenhof in the spring. It
    > is absolutely spectacular. People come from all over the world to see
    > it. Here's a link with some information about it:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keukenhof
    >
    > Here's another link with a slide show:
    >
    > http://www.stsite.com/Keukenhof/index.php
    >
    > We lived in The Netherlands almost five years and we never missed seeing
    > Keukenhof each spring.
    >
    > Regards...
    >
    > Tom

    You could also add the official website http://www.keukenhof.nl/