Tul Corporation Launches PowerColor X1800 XT

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Introducing PowerColor X1800 XT
    For the ultimate in performance gaming!
    TAIPEI, TAIWAN (5 October, 2005) Tul™., a world-leading VGA card manufacturer, today introduced the latest PowerColor X1800 , the member of the ATI Radeon 1XK family with a new ultra-threaded architecture, gives you mind-blowing acceleration and sharp image quality across all games.
    Visual Velocity is Speed, Performance and Sharp Image Quality
    PowerColor X1800 XT combines a radically new ultra-threaded core 3D architecture with ATI’s revolutionary AvivoTM video and display technology to drive performance to new heights with incredible speed and intense 3D graphics. PowerColor X1800 XT is CrossFire™ Ready to deliver multi-GPU gaming performance.
    Avivo™ Video and Display Technology
    With ATI’s Avivo™ technology, PowerColor X1800 XT connects to home entertainment devices and creates vibrant colors, sharp images, true-to-life image reproduction, and the smoothest video playback ever offered by ATI. Get high image fidelity with CRT and LCD displays, TVs, rear projection and plasma TVs, and projectors.
    CrossFire™ Ready for Extreme, Accelerated Gaming
    Get double barrel multi-GPU gaming performance that works with all games by adding a PowerColor X1800 Crossfire™ Edition graphics card for powerful GPU sharing.
    The World’s Most Advanced 3D Technology
    Enjoy a smooth gaming experience and tackle shader-rich games with the most advanced 3D performance technology arsenal including: a 90-nanometer process GPU, a new ultra-threaded core 3D processing architecture, a 512-bit ring-bus memory controller and up to 512 MB GDDR3 RAM.
    Advanced Technology that Brings ShaderModel 3.0 to Life
    PowerColor X1800 XT’s 90-nanometer process technology and ultra-threaded core architecture supports Shader Model 3.0 and delivers new High Dynamic Range visual effects, enhanced realism with adaptive anti-aliasing and lightening fast performance.
    Power and Control
    Get total command and control of PowerColor X1800 XT, with Catalyst™ Control Center, ATI’s award-winning feature-rich, stable software application with automatic and adjustable display configurations. Keep on top of technology changes with frequent updates and support for current operating systems and Microsoft® Vista™.
    PowerColor X1800 XT will be available on October 5th, 2005.

    Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    So much for a month :p

    unholy, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yes, you can buy this Taiwaneese piece of garbage from Newegg right now. Or you could just put a blowtorch to your rig and save yourself the cost and trouble of installing the latest piece of sabatoge from Taiwan. Me, I'll just avoid that "Made in Taiwan" sticker, because I know for a fact it means "I'll ruin your machine".

    The Modfather, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe... i would laugh if it made ur computer better :D

    unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I would eat my shorts if it did. But since I'd never dare put such a thing in my computer, we'll never know.

    The Modfather, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    good point my friend. Let us know Tul as a Cheapo vga Card company???

    unholy, Oct 10, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    If they're Taiwaneese, they're cheap. Sorry to sound like a bigot, but it's nothing against the people, just their products.

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    They aren't paid enough to have the proper education to Mount a Chip to a Plate... :|

    unholy, Oct 11, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Part of the problem, slave labor never produces quality. The other part being, poor quality of raw materials (i.e. mineral deposits, metals, etc).

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    They can design but not produce. Tiwianese Companies normally locate there Manufacturing Plants in China... therefore they become Chinese... Cause i know of a few companies that Have Main oFFice in Taipei and Manufacturing Plants in China.

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Possibly, but I still try to steer clear of things made in Taiwan, Korea, China or most other Asian countries except Japan. I've just not had a lot of luck with them.

    The Modfather, Oct 12, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    man u must have the sh*test Postage service in the world or the worst luck...

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    What does postage have to do with anything? You lost me there. This has to do with inferior craftsmanship and inferior materials. That's about the size of it.

    The Modfather, Oct 13, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    All the China/Tiwianese stuff i have ever gooten is etheir good or great. (computer parts only, China breaks easy)

    unholy, Oct 13, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I can only assume that has to be because of your proximity to those countries and your inability to get products from more reliable sources. Or simply, a lack of experience with various different products. Or a combination of both. Believe me, Taiwaneese products (electronics for the most part) are the least reliable and most poorly made, period.

    The Modfather, Oct 14, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i think they aren't the best but how much stuff do u think is not made by the asian population... not very much computer stuff i can tell u that. The only top quality stuff ur going to get isn't motherboard unless they are from US owned and produced companies, and ram manufactures. everything else is cheapy made.

    unholy, Oct 14, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    If you want to believe that, that's fine. But it isn't really true. There are a lot of manufacturers located all over the world. Taiwan is a popular one because the stuff from there is inexpensive and most people don't know any better but it's far from the only choice.

    The Modfather, Oct 15, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am not trying to Put Taiwan out.because i believe they can deevelop. Though what they lack is production. thats why if their head office is in Taipei and their Production Plants are in China, they produce pretty well, not flawless like if they were all americans producing. Then ocasisionally they can do good. take sunbeam for instance.

    unholy, Oct 15, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well what I'm talking about hasn't got anything to do with where their offices are based or where they do the assembly, it has to do with the quality of the materials used to make the products and the construction of them in the end. I'm not even comparing them to American made products because we're way behind Japan when it comes to leading edge technology, even Germany is ahead of us I believe. Been that way for a while now. But anything out of Taiwan is at the absolute bottom of the list when it comes to quality of the product and its construction. I'm not even talking about China here. That's a sort of 50/50 proposition, there's good stuff out of there and there's bad. It all depends on who's making it and how they produce it. If it's out of a sweatshop, forget it.

    The Modfather, Oct 15, 2005