    History Fan Guest

    Any special reason why the movie studios always release their new
    titles on Tuesdays?

    History Fan, Aug 27, 2005

  2. History Fan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    History Fan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Any special reason why the movie studios always release their new
    > titles on Tuesdays?

    Yes, because CDs, books, and records were historically released on that
    day.

    Seriously, though, it's because of weekly ads coming out on Sunday and
    Wednesday. The Sunday ads can preview the item and it will be in stock
    in a couple of days, and the Wednesday ads (for those that use them) can
    re-inforce that it's there now.

    In addition, weekends have always been the busiest days for stores with
    Fridays next. There is a dramatic drop in the mid-week days (Tuesday
    through Thursday), and putting new product out then can get people into
    the store.

    --
    Jeff Rife | Coach: Yeah, Norm, how come you and Vera never

    Jeff Rife, Aug 27, 2005