    How can I activate TTS in Excel? (Reading a cell in voice)
    In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
    Thanks
    Jean-Pierre, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Jean-Pierre

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:

    >How can I activate TTS in Excel? (Reading a cell in voice)
    >In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
    >Thanks

    Any particular version of Excel?

    Use www.google.com and search for
    TTS in Excel

    HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech in Excel 2002
    This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
    toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
    Text-to-Speech (TTS).
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986 - Similar pages

    The article says,

    Enable Text-to-Speech
    To turn on the Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature in Microsoft Excel, do one
    of the following:
    • On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click to select Text To
    Speech.

    -or-
    • On the Tools menu, point to Speech, and then click to select Show
    Text To Speech Toolbar.

    you can read the rest.

    Or maybe even Excel Help, and search for Text To Speech.

    Me
    why?, Jan 2, 2008

  3. Jean-Pierre

    Jean-Pierre Guest

    On 2 ene, 18:32, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:
    > >How can I activateTTSinExcel? (Reading a cell in voice)
    > >In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
    > >Thanks

    > Any particular version ofExcel?
    >
    > Usewww.google.comand search forTTSinExcel
    >
    > HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech inExcel2002
    > This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
    > toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
    > Text-to-Speech (TTS).http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986- Similar pages
    >
    > The article says,
    >
    > Enable Text-to-Speech
    > To turn on the Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature in MicrosoftExcel, do one
    > of the following:
    > * On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click to select Text To
    > Speech.
    >
    > -or-
    > * On the Tools menu, point to Speech, and then click to select Show
    > Text To Speech Toolbar.
    >
    > you can read the rest.
    >
    > Or maybe evenExcelHelp, and search for Text To Speech.
    >
    > Me

    I have Excel 2003.
    I have activated the toolbar TTS but icons appear pales. Help of
    Microsoft only speak about Voice recognition.
    Jean-Pierre, Jan 3, 2008
  4. Jean-Pierre

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:58:14 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:

    >On 2 ene, 18:32, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:
    >> >How can I activateTTSinExcel? (Reading a cell in voice)
    >> >In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
    >> >Thanks

    >> Any particular version ofExcel?
    >>
    >> Usewww.google.comand search forTTSinExcel
    >>
    >> HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech inExcel2002
    >> This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
    >> toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
    >> Text-to-Speech (TTS).http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986- Similar pages

    <snip>

    >> Or maybe evenExcelHelp, and search for Text To Speech.
    >>
    >> Me

    >I have Excel 2003.
    >I have activated the toolbar TTS but icons appear pales. Help of
    >Microsoft only speak about Voice recognition.

    The buttons are greyed out even when you create a new workbook?

    Install TTS or Uninstall/Reinstall the TTS feature from the Office Setup
    from CD/DVD.

    Perhaps you need to ask in a MS Excel newsgroup, try looking
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607952&expand=1

    Here is some info about the type of library files needed.
    http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/05/12/mpemba-speech-code/

    There are several excel user forums, find one of then and ask there.

    Me
    why?, Jan 3, 2008