    billyboy Guest

    I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
    still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

    billyboy, Sep 7, 2003

  2. billyboy

    Ionizer Guest

    "billyboy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
    > still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

    Tell OE not to download email messages: Tools|Options - General tab. In the
    area "Send/Receive Messages," un-check "Check for new messages every x
    minute(s)"

    HTH,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 7, 2003

  3. billyboy

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    This is very easy to correct.
    Start Outlook Express. If you are not prompted to allow it to be the default
    e-mail client,
    go to tools | Options and make it the default.
    Close Outlook Express and Start Outlook, it will immediately tell you it is
    not the default e-mail
    program and ask you if you would like it to be the default. Answer YES!
    Problem Solved.
    DennisC

    Computer Guy, Sep 8, 2003
  4. billyboy

    rifleman Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I set Outlook as my default mail program, NOT Outlook Express, but my mail
    > still keeps going to OE. Can anyone help?

    Don't start OE!

    rifleman, Sep 8, 2003