    load first from the cd-rom drive). Is there a way I can get knoppix
    to load in spite of this? Thanks!

    Chris
    quiet_table, Jan 18, 2004

  2. quiet_table

    Night_Seer Guest

    quiet_table wrote:
    > To access data on my old machine, which as an 80GB drive using ez-bios
    > on win98se. When ez-bios starts, it stops and tells me that the
    > system disk is invalid (I had changed the boot order so knoppix would
    > load first from the cd-rom drive). Is there a way I can get knoppix
    > to load in spite of this? Thanks!
    >
    > Chris

    Did you burn it as a system (boot) disk? Its an option within the
    burning program.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 19, 2004

  3. quiet_table

    quiet_table Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:38:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    dot com> wrote:

    >quiet_table wrote:
    >> To access data on my old machine, which as an 80GB drive using ez-bios
    >> on win98se. When ez-bios starts, it stops and tells me that the
    >> system disk is invalid (I had changed the boot order so knoppix would
    >> load first from the cd-rom drive). Is there a way I can get knoppix
    >> to load in spite of this? Thanks!
    >>
    >> Chris

    >Did you burn it as a system (boot) disk? Its an option within the
    >burning program.

    I'm not sure - I just burned the ISO file as it said on the knoppix
    website. I had hoped that knoppix would load as an operating system,
    allowing me access to my hard drive. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks.
    quiet_table, Jan 19, 2004
  4. quiet_table

    Night_Seer Guest

    quiet_table wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:38:20 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    > dot com> wrote:
    >
    >> quiet_table wrote:
    >>> To access data on my old machine, which as an 80GB drive using
    >>> ez-bios on win98se. When ez-bios starts, it stops and tells me
    >>> that the system disk is invalid (I had changed the boot order so
    >>> knoppix would load first from the cd-rom drive). Is there a way I
    >>> can get knoppix to load in spite of this? Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> Chris

    >> Did you burn it as a system (boot) disk? Its an option within the
    >> burning program.

    > I'm not sure - I just burned the ISO file as it said on the knoppix
    > website. I had hoped that knoppix would load as an operating system,
    > allowing me access to my hard drive. Am I missing something here?
    > Thanks.

    Yeah actually that should work...is there a floppy boot disk you can
    download from where you got the Knoppix CD. If all else fails, usually
    a boot disk will get you going. Maybe there is one on the CD itself.
    Search around.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 19, 2004
  5. quiet_table

    Tony Guest

    I believe there is a file in the Knoppix readme that should tell you
    how to create this boot floppy. The readme is loacted on the knoppix
    cd. since the readme is html format, I believe you can view it from a
    windows machine as well as linux, knoppix, etc. In most cases, just
    put the cd-rom into the drive and it should open automatically.

    Tony, Jan 20, 2004