Trying to uninstall or reinstall Office 2007 Beta - "error 1606 could not access network location"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rich.ruane@gmail.com, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I installed the office 2007 beta, and because i was so used to the way
    word looked before, i decided to uninstall it. But when trying to
    uninstall i get the error "error 1606 could not access network
    location"

    I tried to do repair, but got the same error.

    Tried to reinstall the program from the same location it was when i
    installed it, and i get the same message about 50% thru the
    installation.

    I've checked elsewhere, and there are some things relating to the
    technet info here :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352

    but none of this is relevant, or works.

    Any ideas ?

    , Jun 24, 2006

  2. Dan Evans Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I installed the office 2007 beta, and because i was so used to the way
    > word looked before, i decided to uninstall it. But when trying to
    > uninstall i get the error "error 1606 could not access network
    > location"
    >
    > I tried to do repair, but got the same error.
    >
    > Tried to reinstall the program from the same location it was when i
    > installed it, and i get the same message about 50% thru the
    > installation.
    >
    > I've checked elsewhere, and there are some things relating to the
    > technet info here :
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352
    >
    > but none of this is relevant, or works.
    >
    > Any ideas ?

    Yeah, don't install beta software on a production machine. It's kind of
    obvious and often repeated.

    dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 24, 2006