    Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    history of processors to present day?

    Thanks

    muzician21, Mar 7, 2009

  2. muzician21

    El.Plates Guest

    "kony" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 03:56:09 -0800 (PST), muzician21
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    >>systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    >>Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >>
    >>I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    >>and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >>
    >>Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    >>history of processors to present day?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    Why don't you try a search engine ?
    I just tried one (Google) on your behalf. Entering "history of processors
    to present day" which produced a return of:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,650,000 for history

    of processors

    to present day

    .. (0.27 seconds)

    Why don't you try it as well ?

    El.Plates, Mar 7, 2009

  3. "muzician21" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    > systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    > Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >
    > I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    > and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >
    > Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    > history of processors to present day?
    >
    > Thanks

    any good A+ certification book will have a history of cpu development
    depends on how deep you want to go. Michael Meyers A+ book is extremely
    comprehensive very detailed on all subject matter including cpu history
    Just make sure you get the latest if you want the latest info
    here's a free study guide page showing up through the dual cores
    http://www.mcmcse.com/comptia/aplus/notes/aplus_processors.shtml
    A+ has 2 parts hardware and software. Cpu history will be in the hardware
    section

    --
    Tommy

    tommy mcc [motz], Mar 7, 2009
  4. muzician21

    Sinner Guest

    All of you mucking forons could have dropped alt.windows-xp from the
    address, but...........

    Sinner, Mar 7, 2009
  5. muzician21

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 7, 12:33 pm, "Band" <> wrote:
    > "muzician21" <> wrote in message

    > > Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    > > systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    > > Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.

    > > I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    > > and to whatever the current fastest processors are?

    > > Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    > > history of processors to present day?

    > > Thanks

    > Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    > how to use google.
    >
    > Do a search with these terms:
    > Multi Core
    > dual core vs quad core
    > dual core, gaming
    >
    > Then there is the issues of compatibility - appropriate slot!
    > Cooling, overclocking. Etc
    > Do your own searching.

    "Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    how to use google."
    Favourite expression of yours, "strange person".
    It's maybe just as well you change your name so often, shit-for-
    brainz.
    That Troll & UnWise One, Ronnie Kray, Nancy, Ken.......is Barbie Next?
    Do you have a "gender" problem? Like it's "that day of the month"? Hit
    out at all "definite" males/females? Jealous? What a prick(less?) ****
    you are. I haven't yet seen ONE helpful suggestion issued from your
    gaping shit-hole you use as a mouth. "Talking shit" takes on a whole
    new concept after your crap. Don't be a total arsehole ALL your life.
    Have a day off. :)

    sandy58, Mar 7, 2009
  6. muzician21

    El.Plates Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 7, 12:33 pm, "Band" <> wrote:
    >> "muzician21" <> wrote in message

    >> > Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    >> > systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    >> > Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.

    >> > I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    >> > and to whatever the current fastest processors are?

    >> > Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    >> > history of processors to present day?

    >> > Thanks

    >> Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    >> how to use google.
    >>
    >> Do a search with these terms:
    >> Multi Core
    >> dual core vs quad core
    >> dual core, gaming
    >>
    >> Then there is the issues of compatibility - appropriate slot!
    >> Cooling, overclocking. Etc
    >> Do your own searching.

    > "Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    > how to use google."
    > Favourite expression of yours, "strange person".
    > It's maybe just as well you change your name so often, shit-for-
    > brainz.
    > That Troll & UnWise One, Ronnie Kray, Nancy, Ken.......is Barbie Next?
    > Do you have a "gender" problem? Like it's "that day of the month"? Hit
    > out at all "definite" males/females? Jealous? What a prick(less?) ****
    > you are. I haven't yet seen ONE helpful suggestion issued from your
    > gaping shit-hole you use as a mouth. "Talking shit" takes on a whole
    > new concept after your crap. Don't be a total arsehole ALL your life.
    > Have a day off. :)

    How's sandy58 today :)

    El.Plates, Mar 7, 2009
  7. "muzician21" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    > systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    > Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >
    > I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    > and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >
    > Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    > history of processors to present day?
    >
    > Thanks

    Download, install and run Sisoft SANDRA.

    You can see a comparison of your systems actual performance versus thousands
    of other systems.

    Colon Terminus, Mar 7, 2009
  8. muzician21

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 7, 4:45 pm, "El.Plates" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > > On Mar 7, 12:33 pm, "Band" <> wrote:
    > >> "muzician21" <> wrote in message

    > >> Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    > >> how to use google.

    > >> Do a search with these terms:
    > >> Multi Core
    > >> dual core vs quad core
    > >> dual core, gaming

    > >> Then there is the issues of compatibility - appropriate slot!
    > >> Cooling, overclocking. Etc
    > >> Do your own searching.

    > > "Sigh, you're a google grouper who typically doesn't know
    > > how to use google."
    > > Favourite expression of yours, "strange person".
    > > It's maybe just as well you change your name so often, shit-for-
    > > brainz.
    > > That Troll & UnWise One, Ronnie Kray, Nancy, Ken.......is Barbie Next?
    > > Do you have a "gender" problem? Like it's "that day of the month"? Hit
    > > out at all "definite" males/females? Jealous? What a prick(less?) ****
    > > you are. I haven't yet seen ONE helpful suggestion issued from your
    > > gaping shit-hole you use as a mouth. "Talking shit" takes on a whole
    > > new concept after your crap. Don't be a total arsehole ALL your life.
    > > Have a day off. :)

    > How's sandy58 today :)

    Me, El Plates? I'm just a lowdown google grouper. <sigh> :)

    sandy58, Mar 7, 2009
  9. muzician21

    deerslayer Guest

    Colon Terminus wrote:
    > "muzician21" <> wrote in message
    >> Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    >> systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    >> Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >>
    >> I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    >> and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >>
    >> Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    >> history of processors to present day?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Download, install and run Sisoft SANDRA.
    >
    > You can see a comparison of your systems actual performance versus
    > thousands of other systems.

    This was an excellent suggestion unlike the several entries prior. The
    short answer of course is that the 2.4GHz P4 is much slower than dual core
    CPUs even those at slower clock speeds. SANDRA will show this graphically
    in its performance module, rating the subject system to average performance
    of several other CPU types.

    deerslayer, Mar 8, 2009
  10. muzician21

    Sinner Guest

    This might be a good discussion for alt.comp.hardware, but it's so far off
    topic in alt.windows-xp as to be wasted bandwidth. I can guarantee that the
    typical user cannot tell the difference between the speeds of machines
    running P4's or Dual-Core processors. Word will look equally quick on both.

    So, quit your fucking cross-posting you stupid moron!!!!

    Sinner, Mar 9, 2009
  11. muzician21

    Steve Guest

    > Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    > systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    > Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >
    > I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    > and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >
    > Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    > history of processors to present day?
    >
    > Thanks

    My E7300 dual core is about 6 times quicker than my old system using an
    AthlonXP 2.4Ghz on pure processing tasks like RAW conversion and video
    encoding. P4s were only a little quicker generally, so perhaps there's a
    5:1 ratio in performance approximately.

    Steve, Mar 9, 2009
  12. muzician21

    Sinner Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message

    > "muzician21" <> wrote in message
    >> Trying to understand the breakdown of things as far as dual core
    >> systems. Things got a little murky for me since it isn't simply
    >> Pentium -whatever- and an ever higher gig number.
    >>
    >> I've got a 2.4 gig P4. How does that compare both to early dual cores
    >> and to whatever the current fastest processors are?
    >>
    >> Is there good a site that shows the breakdown of things as far as the
    >> history of processors to present day?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > My E7300 dual core is about 6 times quicker than my old system using an
    > AthlonXP 2.4Ghz on pure processing tasks like RAW conversion and video
    > encoding. P4s were only a little quicker generally, so perhaps there's a
    > 5:1 ratio in performance approximately.

    Stupid Bastard!

    Sinner, Mar 9, 2009
  13. muzician21

    muzician21 Guest

    On Mar 8, 9:37 pm, "Sinner" <> wrote:
    > This might be a good discussion for alt.comp.hardware, but it's so far off
    > topic in alt.windows-xp as to be wasted bandwidth.

    Inasmuch as the apps will be run in Windows XP, it seemed it might be
    cogent.

    > I can guarantee that the
    > typical user cannot tell the difference between the speeds of machines
    > running P4's or Dual-Core processors.  Word will look equally quick on both.
    >
    > So, quit your fucking cross-posting you stupid moron!!!!

    And you're so incensed you figured you'd contribute non-informational
    screed not once but twice. You apparently consider that a valid use of
    "bandwidth".

    And note how effective your self-appointed netkopping is.

    muzician21, Mar 11, 2009