Trying to setup SIPDiscount on Twinkie

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by J Smith, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    I've just installed Twinkie, apparently quite a good SIP client on
    Linux. I can't find anything in this group about information about this
    client. My settings are:

    -- SIP Account --
    Your name: test
    Username: (sipdiscount username)
    Domain: sipdiscount.com

    -- SIP Authentication --
    Realm: sipdiscount.com
    Name: (sipdiscount username)
    Password: (sipdiscount password)

    -- Registrar --
    Registrar: sip.sipdiscount.com

    -- Outbound proxy --
    Enabled: yes
    Outbound Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com

    -- NAT --
    Transveral: Use STUN
    STUN server: stun.sipdiscount.com

    When I try to login, I'm prompted for a login for the realm 'asterisk'.
    I put my SIP Discount username and password but I get the error
    'Registration failed: 403 Forbidden'

    Any ideas?
    J Smith, Nov 12, 2005

  2. J Smith

    Martin² Guest

    Someone here posted their sipdiscount settings for Asterisk just a few days
    ago.
    Try a search.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Nov 13, 2005

  3. J Smith

    TrippyZ Guest

    I can't find this client on freshmeat. Can we have a link please?

    Does it do multiple accounts? Is so, are you sure that the
    authentication request is actually for your sipdiscount connection?
    TrippyZ, Nov 13, 2005
  4. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    TrippyZ wrote:
    > I can't find this client on freshmeat. Can we have a link please?

    Sorry, it's called Twinkle actually.
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/twinkle/

    > Does it do multiple accounts? Is so, are you sure that the
    > authentication request is actually for your sipdiscount connection?

    I've only setup 1 account.
    J Smith, Nov 13, 2005
  5. J Smith

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-11-12, J Smith <> wrote:
    > I've just installed Twinkie, apparently quite a good SIP client on
    > Linux. I can't find anything in this group about information about this
    > client. My settings are:
    >
    > -- SIP Account --
    > Your name: test
    > Username: (sipdiscount username)
    > Domain: sipdiscount.com
    >
    > -- SIP Authentication --
    > Realm: sipdiscount.com
    > Name: (sipdiscount username)
    > Password: (sipdiscount password)
    >
    > -- Registrar --
    > Registrar: sip.sipdiscount.com
    >
    > -- Outbound proxy --
    > Enabled: yes
    > Outbound Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
    >
    > -- NAT --
    > Transveral: Use STUN
    > STUN server: stun.sipdiscount.com
    >

    > When I try to login, I'm prompted for a login for the realm 'asterisk'.
    > I put my SIP Discount username and password but I get the error
    > 'Registration failed: 403 Forbidden'
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try dispensing with the realm; you do not have to access multiple
    realms and Sipdiscount's proxy most likely authenticates you from the
    username and password combination.

    You might also consider choosing either an outbound proxy or a STUN
    server. Having both may not cause a problem but only one NAT traversal
    technique is required.

    Brian.
    Brian, Nov 13, 2005