Trying to send call to Asterisk

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ramon F Herrera, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Hello:

    My AS-5300 is configured properly and switching calls to a hardware
    (Dialogic) IVR.

    Now, I would like to start experimenting with a software IVR based on
    Asterisk, which I installed in a Linux server.

    What I would like is to find out whether I have the correct dial peer
    configurations. They look like this:

    !Inbound Dial Peer:
    !
    dial-peer voice 874 pots
    incoming called-number ^7224$
    direct-inward-dial
    port 2:D ! an ISDN PRI is conected here
    !

    ! Outbound Dial Peer:
    dial-peer voice 7224 voip
    destination-pattern ^7224$
    session target dns:asterisk-server.domain.com
    !

    When I place a call into the number (xxx) xxx-7224 it is received
    by the Cisco but it is rejected immediately with a "Destination out of
    order" Q931 error message.

    The "show dialplan number 7224" command looks fine, and I assume the
    Cisco is configured Ok. However, it looks as if the Cisco is not even
    trying to establish a TCP/IP session with the asterisk-server host
    (according to tcpdump).

    Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

    -Ramon F Herrera
    Ramon F Herrera, Jul 3, 2005