    Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header
    not in Internet Syntax.)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
    441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

    patrick m, Oct 31, 2004

  2. patrick m

    PJB Guest

    "patrick m" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > when trying to post a message on my internet news group I get this
    > message
    > can any one help
    >

    > Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ' printer
    > problems', Account: 'news.qwest.net', Server: 'news.qwest.net',
    > Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header
    > not in Internet Syntax.)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
    > 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

    maybe " '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header not in Internet Syntax.)', " will
    give you a clue?

    P.

    PJB, Oct 31, 2004

  3. patrick m

    detap Guest

    ok so what do I do to fix it

    detap, Nov 1, 2004
  4. patrick m

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 05:49:35 -0700 "detap"
    used 29 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >ok so what do I do to fix it

    It looks like you did. The FROM field has to contain a properly
    formatted email address.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email