Trying to get Laptop to recongize external Keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Xylia, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Xylia

Xylia

I've already seen that someone else has posted a question about getting an external keyboard to work on a laptop.

I'm trying to get my Acer Aspire 3000 laptop to recongize the PS2 Logitech Office Pro keyboard that I'm hooking up using an adaptor to change the PS2 into a USB.

It will recongize the adaptor as an 'Unknown Device' and will later tell me that it is ready to be used but the keyboard doesn't work. I'm already using an external mouse and I know one of my USB connectors on the computer is either disconnected or broken.

Now I know it's odd to try and use a laptop with an external mouse, external keyboard, and another moniter but it's the only way to really get my laptop to work until the inverted moniter board that illuminates the LCD screen (It's on it's just too dark to see). So I have resorted to this... that and the laptop over heats too fast.

Xylia, Feb 15, 2008
    1. Advertising