    email but I'm wondering if I should continue or not?

    I think this disk was on a network.

    thanks

    don, Jul 19, 2007

  2. don wrote:
    > I'm cleaning up my closet and found an old harddrive and wanted to wipe it
    > clean so I could sell it on Ebay

    I think you'll get negative feedback if you sucker someone into buying it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 19, 2007

  3. don

    don Guest

    I was able to partition the drive, but one partiton stops formating on
    sector 5 so I guess the disk is shot, but how would I low level format this
    Fujitsu drive anyway?

    don, Jul 19, 2007
  4. don wrote:
    > I was able to partition the drive, but one partiton stops formating on
    > sector 5 so I guess the disk is shot, but how would I low level format this
    > Fujitsu drive anyway?

    Low level formatting is kind of a thing of the past. However, you can
    "zero" it out with a wiping program. Here's one place to read up on it:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=129

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 19, 2007
  5. don

    Ben Myers Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message news:f7oint$4mq$...
    > I was able to partition the drive, but one partiton stops formating on
    > sector 5 so I guess the disk is shot, but how would I low level format this
    > Fujitsu drive anyway?

    If you can find no other solution, you might try one of the Fujitsu utilities
    on the following page. I strongly suggest you check them for viruses.

    http://members.shaw.ca/rinocanada/hdutils.htm

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 21, 2007