    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Nov 8, 2003

  2. anthonyberet

    Trent C Guest

    > I have a good look through the English-speaking press websites, but no-one
    > seems to be detailing the rumour itself, whether in the UK or not.
    > I gather an Italian newspaper printed it, but I haven't the time right now
    > to go babel-fishing.
    > Does anyone know of a site that actually details it?
    > It is stuff like this that made the Internet scary to the powers-that-be,
    > surely it can't be gagged as well?

    OK, so this is what we've been led to understand. It goes without saying
    that this is all prefaced by "allegedly":

    "The story goes that PC was in a long-term gay relationship with his
    Private Secretary Michael Fawcett (his aide de camp? Pardon the pun, I
    couldn't resist it). One of his valets, Falklands veteran George Smith,
    walked in on them one morning after what had by all accounts been a fairly
    sweaty night.

    There have been repeated reports of PC having his servants squeeze his
    toothpaste and hold a specimen bottle for him to piss in - I wonder if that
    servant was Fawcett?

    The story continues. Smith alleged that Fawcett had raped him once and
    sexually assaulted him on another occasion. When he told PC, it was covered
    up and PC refused to call in Inspector Plod. He was then bribed to keep his
    mouth shut, fired and trashed in the press as a loony. Or rather, a "tragic
    victim of post-traumatic stress. We've done our best for him, but he's
    really very ill".

    Smith spilled the beans to Diana, who taped it and stored it in her famous
    wooden box, which disappeared around the same time that Burrell was
    arrested. Whether he still has it, SIS kept it for future reference (Cf. J
    Edgar Hoover's obsessive collection of scandal on everyone in high society)
    or Inspector Knacker returned it to POW is unknown.

    Under extreme pressure form the parents, POW quietly sidelined Fawcett in
    the aftermath of the Burrell trial last year. He reportedly got a £½
    million payoff, his grace-and-favour house for next to nothing and a
    guaranteed freelance contract for 4 times his original salary, not to
    mention a huge line of credit with PC's lawyers."

    The Mail On Sunday printed Smith's allegations last year, so we can safely
    assume that the hot news that they are reported to have is slightly
    different/more in-depth than that. Whatever it is, they approached Fawcett
    last week to tell him that they had the story and he could either
    'co-operate' with them or they would publish anyway. Fawcett put in a call
    to POW who activated the lawyers and they obtained an injunction from Mr
    Justice McKinnon on Saturday lat weekend. A further injunction was obtained
    against The Guardian preventing them from disclosing Michael Fawcett's name.

    The injunction against The Guardian was overturned, and the Mail On Sunday
    was able to vary the terms of the injunction against it, although we don't
    know yet what that variation represents.

    On Friday the story appeared in the Italian tabloid Corriere della Sera
    (page 19, if you're desperate) but interestingly not on their web site. It
    also appeared in Switzerland, and on the NY Times' website, from where it
    was pulled after a few hours.

    The newspapers and news organisations are gradually making more and more
    overt hints about what the allegations are. It has been suggested that if
    you read all the papers and watch all the TV news stations you'll be able to
    piece together the jigsaw, which suggests a possible deliberate attempt by
    the Fourth Estate to get the news into the public domain.

    Popbitch reports the following:

    Poor Prince Charles. That ghastly butler is going around telling tales, and
    everyone says that Burrell has other stories that will bring down the
    Monarchy.
    Surely they can't be referring to Charles getting "happy finish" massages
    from his valet?

    The suggestion is now being made in higher social circles that if POW is
    indeed gay, there's every likelihood that William as well as Harry were
    sired from another's loins. It's generally accepted that Diana was taken on
    board as a Royal brood mare and cast aside when she's provided the firm with
    'an her and a spare', but it didn't occur to anyone that the brood mare
    needed a brood sire. If it goes public that POW is gay it will immediately
    call into question his children's genetic line, and if it can be proved
    (witness the princes' security getting massively protective over attempts to
    get hold of the odd hair for DNA sampling), then who succeeds POW?

    The illegitimate boys can't, so we're left with the frightening prospect of
    Queen Beatrice and Fergie taking on the mantle of the Queen Mother - a
    prospect that appals the Establishment and in all likelihood would never be
    accepted by the people. Some have said that it is now time to call a halt
    to the whole charade, and this might prove to be the catalyst.

    Trent C, Nov 8, 2003

  3. anthonyberet

    Flighty Guest

    ... wrong kind of support needed - suggest you read tomorrow's mail on sunday
    or otherwise F

    Flighty, Nov 8, 2003
  4. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    It published the name of a Prince Charles aide, who is allegedly
    accused of raping a male servant.

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:07:02 -0000, in
    <boj4dr$1f5k7o$-berlin.de>
    anthonyberet scrawled:

    >I have a good look through the English-speaking press websites, but no-one
    >seems to be detailing the rumour itself, whether in the UK or not.
    >I gather an Italian newspaper printed it, but I haven't the time right now
    >to go babel-fishing.
    >Does anyone know of a site that actually details it?
    >It is stuff like this that made the Internet scary to the powers-that-be,
    >surely it can't be gagged as well?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003
  5. anthonyberet

    Boomer Guest

    "Flighty" <flighty@*nospam*ravenna.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in

    > .. wrong kind of support needed - suggest you read tomorrow's mail
    > on sunday or otherwise F

    Huh?

    Boomer, Nov 8, 2003
  6. anthonyberet

    ilmc Guest

    Trent C typed:
    > ... and on the NY Times'
    > website, from where it was pulled after a few hours.

    But -not- from the google cache!

    ilmc, Nov 8, 2003
  7. anthonyberet

    Trent C Guest

    > Trent C typed:

    > > ... and on the NY Times'
    > > website, from where it was pulled after a few hours.

    > But -not- from the google cache!

    Got the link?

    Trent C, Nov 8, 2003
  8. anthonyberet

    ilmc Guest

    Trent C typed:
    >> Trent C typed:

    >>> ... and on the NY Times'
    >>> website, from where it was pulled after a few hours.

    >> But -not- from the google cache!

    > Got the link?

    Sorry found it yesterday a work. I used "Prince Charles Micheal Fawcett"
    (check the spelling).
    The NY link was on page 2 (ish) if the results. The link was dead but not
    the cache *ev*

    ilmc, Nov 8, 2003
  9. anthonyberet

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch Boomer decided to put the World to rights with
    this little speech from the heart...

    > "Flighty" <flighty@*nospam*ravenna.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    >> .. wrong kind of support needed - suggest you read tomorrow's mail
    >> on sunday or otherwise F

    > Huh?

    He's been drinking again. Bloody Royalists ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Nov 8, 2003
  10. anthonyberet

    Himself Guest

    Re: Trying to find out what the Prince Charles allegation actuallyis....

    ilmc wrote:

    > Trent C typed:
    >
    >>... and on the NY Times'
    >>website, from where it was pulled after a few hours.

    > But -not- from the google cache!

    try alt.gossip.royalty

    --
    Himself

    Himself, Nov 8, 2003
  11. anthonyberet

    Boomer Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in

    > With a rumble and a belch Boomer decided to put the World to
    > rights with this little speech from the heart...
    >
    >> "Flighty" <flighty@*nospam*ravenna.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in
    >>
    >>> .. wrong kind of support needed - suggest you read tomorrow's
    >>> mail on sunday or otherwise F

    >> Huh?

    > He's been drinking again. Bloody Royalists ;-)

    Thanks. ;-)

    Boomer, Nov 8, 2003
  12. anthonyberet

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, slumpy mused:

    | He's been drinking again. Bloody Royalists ;-)

    Well, this all should make for a rousing episode of Meet the Royals ...

    mhicaoidh, Nov 8, 2003
  13. anthonyberet

    Flighty Guest

    .... actually NOT a royalist - bloody or otherwise - just thought this was an
    inappropriate posting ...wasting time talking about the monarchy (IMHO)

    Flighty, Nov 8, 2003
  14. anthonyberet

    Herself Guest

    Himself <> wrote:

    > ilmc wrote:

    > > Trent C typed:
    > >
    > >>... and on the NY Times'
    > >>website, from where it was pulled after a few hours.

    > > But -not- from the google cache!
    > >

    > try alt.gossip.royalty

    It scares me that A: you know that there's stuff there, and B: that
    a.g.r. exists.
    --
    'Tis Herself

    Herself, Nov 8, 2003
  15. anthonyberet

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Everybody has their own time. Who are *you* to say how it should be spent or
    wasted?
    The reality is that we have to get news about our Monarchy in this way.
    The rest of the World can read it from the front page of a Newspaper

    TRADESMAN, Nov 8, 2003
  16. anthonyberet

    Trent C Guest

    When you're the moderator of alt.handbags, you can decide who gets to ask
    for help about what. In the meantime, the guy asked for help in answering a
    question and I answered it.

    Trent C, Nov 8, 2003
  17. anthonyberet

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to rights with
    this little speech from the heart...

    > Everybody has their own time. Who are *you* to say how it should be
    > spent or wasted?
    > The reality is that we have to get news about our Monarchy in this
    > way. The rest of the World can read it from the front page of a
    > Newspaper

    Oooh good call - sure is a windup when the news comes on...

    "And I'm speaking to you now from Clarence House. Sorry, that's all I can
    /actually/ tell you, except that something was allegedly done by an alleged
    person to someone who must remain nameless. At this moment we also can't
    confirm stories that we can't tell you about. We /can/ confirm, however that
    an unidentified person has asked the courts to prevent something being done,
    but at the moment we are not sure what that is."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Nov 8, 2003
  18. anthonyberet

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to rights with
    > this little speech from the heart...
    >
    >> Everybody has their own time. Who are *you* to say how it should be
    >> spent or wasted?
    >> The reality is that we have to get news about our Monarchy in this
    >> way. The rest of the World can read it from the front page of a
    >> Newspaper

    > Oooh good call - sure is a windup when the news comes on...
    >
    > "And I'm speaking to you now from Clarence House. Sorry, that's all I can
    > /actually/ tell you, except that something was allegedly done by an alleged
    > person to someone who must remain nameless. At this moment we also can't
    > confirm stories that we can't tell you about. We /can/ confirm, however that
    > an unidentified person has asked the courts to prevent something being done,
    > but at the moment we are not sure what that is."

    Ooh, ooh, can I take a guess?

    --
    WAS Brian H¹© now Bryan :p

    Brian H¹©, Nov 8, 2003
  19. anthonyberet

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch Brian H¹© decided to put the World to rights with
    this little speech from the heart...

    > slumpy said:
    >
    >> With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to
    >> rights with this little speech from the heart...
    >>
    >>> Everybody has their own time. Who are *you* to say how it should be
    >>> spent or wasted?
    >>> The reality is that we have to get news about our Monarchy in this
    >>> way. The rest of the World can read it from the front page of a
    >>> Newspaper

    >> Oooh good call - sure is a windup when the news comes on...
    >>
    >> "And I'm speaking to you now from Clarence House. Sorry, that's all
    >> I can /actually/ tell you, except that something was allegedly done
    >> by an alleged person to someone who must remain nameless. At this
    >> moment we also can't confirm stories that we can't tell you about.
    >> We /can/ confirm, however that an unidentified person has asked the
    >> courts to prevent something being done, but at the moment we are not
    >> sure what that is."

    > Ooh, ooh, can I take a guess?

    No cheating. Just because you were there. ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Nov 8, 2003
  20. anthonyberet

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > With a rumble and a belch Brian H¹© decided to put the World to rights with
    > this little speech from the heart...
    >
    >> slumpy said:
    >>
    >>> With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to
    >>> rights with this little speech from the heart...

    >>> Oooh good call - sure is a windup when the news comes on...
    >>>
    >>> "And I'm speaking to you now from Clarence House. Sorry, that's all
    >>> I can /actually/ tell you, except that something was allegedly done
    >>> by an alleged person to someone who must remain nameless. At this
    >>> moment we also can't confirm stories that we can't tell you about.
    >>> We /can/ confirm, however that an unidentified person has asked the
    >>> courts to prevent something being done, but at the moment we are not
    >>> sure what that is."

    >> Ooh, ooh, can I take a guess?

    > No cheating. Just because you were there. ;-)

    ROTFLMFAO
    <slap>

    Brian H¹©, Nov 8, 2003