    bottom it clear says it over 4.7 gig. I was wondering what am I doing
    wrong, also would it be easier to convert it to a VOB files. I don't have
    any issues burning VOB files. Thanks.

    Chirashi, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Chirashi

    Tony Guest

    Its proably decided that a recode is needed, and that will be too big

    "Chirashi" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I am having so much problem with burning AVI and MPG
    > file to DVD. I have a TDK 840G DVD burner, and when I try to use Nero or
    > Roxio I get errors such as the disk is to big. I am wondering how can a

    MPG
    > movie with the size of 786 meg can't fit into a 4.7 DVD media even after

    the
    > conversion or a 532 avi movie can't fit into a DVD-R. When I try to burn
    > these files and look on the bottom they both tell me it won't fit and on

    the

    Tony, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Chirashi

    HaZ Guest

    Sure you not trying to create a cd session rather than a dvd session?

    HaZ

    HaZ, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Chirashi

    Chirashi Guest

    Nope because on the bottom it says 4.7 gigs, unless I am forgetting
    something?
    Is recoding really necessary?

    Chirashi, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Chirashi

    Clay Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:28:05 -0500, "Chirashi"
    <> wrote:

    >Nope because on the bottom it says 4.7 gigs, unless I am forgetting
    >something?
    >Is recoding really necessary?
    >

    >"HaZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Sure you not trying to create a cd session rather than a dvd session?
    >>
    >> HaZ
    >>
    >> "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> > Its proably decided that a recode is needed, and that will be too big
    >> >
    >> > "Chirashi" <> wrote in message

    >MPG

    >> or

    >> > MPG

    >after
    >> > the

    >> burn

    >on
    >> > the

    >> have

    I have a similar problem. I'm trying to re-encode a divx movie back
    to dvd using NeroVision Express 2. The final size after encoding is
    4.28 gig, but when I insert the blank dvd into drive, I'm informed
    that there is not enough space on disk. I know that the limit is
    about 4.3 gig, and if project size would not fit, Nero should have
    informed me of this. I am using DVD-Video and TDK 2x disks.

    Right now I'm saving the project to hard drive, and will try using
    dvd shrink to see if I can make it fit that way, but perhaps someone
    can shed some light on this. CAN Nero encode a divx file back to dvd
    if I have the codecs?

    TIA

    Clay, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Chirashi

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:43:59 +1100, "HaZ"
    <> Gave us:

    Snipped retarded baby rip it bullshit.

    Keep alt.video.dvd OUT of your stupid rip it posts, boys.

    THIS group is NOT about burning fucking discs.

    DarkMatter, Jan 22, 2004
  7. Chirashi

    Skid Guest

    "Chirashi" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I am having so much problem with burning AVI and MPG
    > file to DVD. I have a TDK 840G DVD burner, and when I try to use Nero or
    > Roxio I get errors such as the disk is to big. I am wondering how can a

    MPG
    > movie with the size of 786 meg can't fit into a 4.7 DVD media even after

    the
    > conversion or a 532 avi movie can't fit into a DVD-R. When I try to burn
    > these files and look on the bottom they both tell me it won't fit and on

    the
    > bottom it clear says it over 4.7 gig. I was wondering what am I doing
    > wrong, also would it be easier to convert it to a VOB files. I don't have
    > any issues burning VOB files. Thanks.

    First, this is not the group to post these questions.

    What you need to do is read the .avi to DVDconversion guides at
    www.dvdrhelp.com

    I'm not familiar with Roxio, but in Nero there is a way to change the
    settings to fit the disk. You'll find the info you need at the site above.

    Skid, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Chirashi

    Al Bundy Guest

    Roxio sometimes interfers with other apps...I would uninstall Roxio. I
    would also convert the mpgs to .vob files...just load the mpg into
    windows media player and re-save it as a .vob file. Then use nero
    express to design your DVD. Recode...a part of Nero Express...will fit
    the material to the disk.

    Al Bundy, Jan 22, 2004
  9. Chirashi

    JamesMason Guest

    Chirashi,

    What converted the AVI file to MPG? Chances are the 786-MEG MPEG
    you're looking at is MPEG-1 encoded. This means it has to be encoded
    again to MPEG-2 to meet DVD standards. My guess is that the DVD
    burning software you're using is reconizing the video file as MPEG-1
    and is estimating what the resulting MPEG-2 encoded version of that
    file will be (which probably exceeds or comes in really close to
    4.7-Gig mark), if this is happening the burning software is capable of
    performing the reencode for you, but it's preventing it from
    happening.

    I still find this odd, MPEG-2 encoded video requires more hard drive
    space (from my experience), but 4x as much? That doesn't sound right.

    Some questions I have would be:

    1. What version of Roxio are you using? I've never used their
    software, but I've heard negative things, I suggest downloading the
    latest trial version of Nero 6.3 and attempt the burn using that
    software.

    2. How long is the video clip? DVD video is marked in grades (sort of
    like VHS) depending on quality vs compression. HQ 60-minutes, SP
    120-minutes, LP 180-minutes, EP 240-minutes. The software you're using
    may not be compressing the MPEG tight enough to fit. Using Nero, I
    believe it selects the highest quality output based on the length of
    the video being burned. I've never tried to change this setting.

    JamesMason, Jan 22, 2004