    right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
    superstition and darkness."

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, May 26, 2007

  2. In message <op.tsw0ggfi2an4t6@andrew-orac>, Damos wrote:

    > mmmm trying to buy the 24" dell lcd (2407WFP) but the only cities on the
    > pull down menu are auckland, wellington, Chch and Rotorua. Not able to
    > enter others.

    Sometimes these dozy Web programmers put up limited form options, but don't
    bother validating the actual form submission to ensure the input data
    conforms to those limits. Which means you can fool them with
    specially-tailored wget calls or HTTP-speaking scripts and such.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 26, 2007

  3. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person
    by the name of Damos exclaimed:
    > mmmm trying to buy the 24" dell lcd (2407WFP) but the only cities on the
    > pull down menu are auckland, wellington, Chch and Rotorua. Not able to
    > enter others. (IE7)

    Yes, its stupid isn't it?
    I ended up filling in my actual address in the spaces
    provided, even though it wasn't wellington, and it got
    to me OK - i don't even think they put that part on the
    adress...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, May 26, 2007
  4. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 15:39:42 +1200, Damos <> wrote:

    > mmmm trying to buy the 24" dell lcd (2407WFP) but the only cities on the
    > pull down menu are auckland, wellington, Chch and Rotorua. Not able to
    > enter others. (IE7)
    >
    > Strange/annoying............
    >

    > D.

    In the end used the phone and spoke to somewone in the subcontinent who
    was very pleasant and processed the order himself.
    Turns out that the 4 options (auck, Welly, chch and Rotorua(???WTF) are
    regional postage centers from which my monitor will be sent then local
    couriers. I can understand A W C but rotorua?

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Damos, May 27, 2007
  5. Damos

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:58:50 +1200, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    > Damos exclaimed:
    >> mmmm trying to buy the 24" dell lcd (2407WFP) but the only cities on
    >> the pull down menu are auckland, wellington, Chch and Rotorua. Not able
    >> to enter others. (IE7)

    > Yes, its stupid isn't it?

    Not really, the monitor got to you. The money to them. ;-)

    Gordon, May 27, 2007
  6. Damos

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:51:45 +1200, Damos wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 May 2007 15:39:42 +1200, Damos <> wrote:
    >
    >> mmmm trying to buy the 24" dell lcd (2407WFP) but the only cities on
    >> the pull down menu are auckland, wellington, Chch and Rotorua. Not able
    >> to enter others. (IE7)
    >>
    >> Strange/annoying............
    >>

    >> D.

    > In the end used the phone and spoke to somewone in the subcontinent who
    > was very pleasant and processed the order himself. Turns out that the 4
    > options (auck, Welly, chch and Rotorua(???WTF) are regional postage
    > centers from which my monitor will be sent then local couriers. I can
    > understand A W C but rotorua?

    Get out an atlas, not the group/band, and have a look. Now do you
    understand?

    Sorry, yes you may use Google earth.

    Gordon, May 27, 2007