?trying to autosync single folder via Mediamonkey to iRiver S10

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, Aug 18, 2007.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    I have on my pc my music in my music/artist/album/tracks format. I also
    have a directory into which my podcasts are placed with Juice client under
    my music/podcasts.

    I also have music on my S10 which I have selected by hand...as the S10 is
    only 2G so I cant mirror my HD music files. (like I do with my H320)

    I wish to only autosync /podcasts/ from my HD to my S10 while leaving any
    music I have placed by hand on the S10 alone.

    I can sync the podcasts by only listing the podcast directory by selecting
    only that directory under "autosync only the following". This works well.
    Everytime I loadup MM it scans the whole my music tree to id changes to
    the library and then when I connect my S10 it updates and adds the new
    podcasts successfully.

    My problem is that I am unable to delete old podcasts without MM trying to
    delete all the music I have placed by hand. If I select "delete tracks
    that aren't on the auto synch list from above" it then tries to delete
    everything off my S10 other than the new podcasts when I only want it to
    delete files in /podcasts directory.

    (Trying to avoid using play lists as I like to use to just use a directory
    structure)

    Thoughts??

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:26:57 +1200, Damos <> wrote:
    (The iRiver S10 has four folders in root with music expected to be in
    J/music , video in J:/video, J:/recordings and all the audio is expected
    to be within the J:/music tree.)

    So I could create a folder J:/music/podcast then another with J:/music/My
    music/artists/album then list J:/music/My music/artists/album as the
    excpetion folder. This should work but will probably also delete any MP3's
    I make off the inbuilt radio, which I can live with as I haven't actually
    used this function. (The video and data files will be protected from
    deletion as they are not MM files)

    Damos, Aug 19, 2007