    getting rid of Norton, but I've no problem with ZA, so I'd really rather not
    uninstall it if I don't have to. (in case I don't like "Freedom") Can't I
    just turn it off while trying it out or will it really cause major problems?

    DeHott, Sep 13, 2004

  2. DeHott

    Quaoar Guest

    DeHott wrote:
    > Newbie here, so please bare with me....
    > Norton AV runs out tomorrow, so I am thinking of trying Adelphia'a
    > free security suite "Freedom Internet Security". I am running Zone
    > Alarm Pro w/router and Webroot with NAV. According to the Adelphia
    > site, I have to uninstall both Norton and ZA before installing
    > "Freedom". I don't mind getting rid of Norton, but I've no problem
    > with ZA, so I'd really rather not uninstall it if I don't have to.
    > (in case I don't like "Freedom") Can't I just turn it off while
    > trying it out or will it really cause major problems?

    Frankly, being somewhat paranoid, the last place I would acquire a
    security suite is from a major ISP. "Freedom" is free from what; is it
    using a proxy to some Adelphia monitoring system? There are enough free
    personal firewalls and low-cost anti-virus that work well; turning my
    computer security over to my ISP whose vested interests might not
    coincide with mine is, well, questionable, IMO. YMMV.

    Quaoar, Sep 14, 2004

  3. DeHott

    void Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am thinking of trying Adelphia'a free
    > security suite "Freedom Internet Security".

    Since Adelphia can't even provide a reliable internet connection to most
    places in the US, why would you trust them to provide your security?

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    void, Sep 14, 2004
  4. DeHott

    Khaled Guest

    "DeHott" <> wrote in

    > Newbie here, so please bare with me....
    > Norton AV runs out tomorrow, so I am thinking of trying
    > Adelphia'a free security suite "Freedom Internet Security".
    > I am running Zone Alarm Pro w/router and Webroot with NAV.
    > According to the Adelphia site, I have to uninstall both
    > Norton and ZA before installing "Freedom". I don't mind
    > getting rid of Norton, but I've no problem with ZA, so I'd
    > really rather not uninstall it if I don't have to. (in case
    > I don't like "Freedom") Can't I just turn it off while
    > trying it out or will it really cause major problems?

    These two av packages have free versions, so you may want to
    look at
    avg: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
    avast: http://www.avast.com/eng/down_home.html

    I hope I am not too late, and that this helps..

    Khaled, Sep 16, 2004