Trying my hand at this...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by indyracer, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. indyracer

    indyracer

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    We have purchased a 3mb circuit from AT&T to replace our 1.5mb T1. So now we get 2 T1 circuits to make up 3mbs. Of course, most everyone knows that.

    I was trying to do a little learning with this before our vendor comes in and configures all of this to work. I would like to have a better understanding of it all. The technical info I got from AT&T has lots of addresses and I am not sure what to do with all of them. First I got information for Link 1 & Link 2 with everything being the same except a couple of numbers. The circuit ID and USO number. This makes sense with there being 2 circuits. Both links have the "Customer Serial IP Address" 12.xx.xx.224 and AT&T Router IP Address" 12.xx.xx.223 with "Subnet Mask" 255.255.255.252.

    Then I have

    "LAN Information"
    LAN Block: 12.xx.xx.112/28
    LAN/Ethernet/Gateway IP Address: 12.xx.xx.113
    Broad Cast IP Address: 12.xx.xx.127
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.240

    "Configuration"
    Speed: T1
    Line Coding / Framing: ESF/B8ZS
    Serial Encapsulation: PPP
    Timing: Net/Line
    Routing Protocol: Static
    Port Base Rate (per Channel): 64K
    Channels: 1-24

    This is the info I have to configure my router. My problem is that I don't understand what to use to configure my Serial interfaces. If I try to use the "Customer Serial IP Address" and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.252 it tells me to put in a valid IP and mask.

    I have never really worked with Cisco equipment before and was hoping to do a little learning before we get this into service. I just want to configure it and make it browse the internet to say I did it.

    I guess I am looking for someone to explain what ip address go where so this will work.

    Thanks a bunch,
    Tony

    indyracer, Mar 19, 2008