try again, hopefully without the nonsense

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gerry Wolf, May 20, 2005.

  1. Gerry Wolf

    Gerry Wolf Guest

    Anyone:

    I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media Player
    10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is
    causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run Norton anit virus,
    Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs to possibly flush out any
    culprit. Would this coincide with the rash of Virtual Memory errors I have
    received? I've been through all the advice regarding the pagefile.sys and
    thought I was through it but I still occasionally get that error as well,
    mainly while runnint WMP.

    But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the send
    error report carp constantly.

    Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh so
    excellent" Windows XP Home!!!

    The system is a AMD XP3200, on a FIC AU13 board with 512 mb RAM.

    Gerry

    Gerry Wolf, May 20, 2005

  2. Gerry Wolf

    ellis_jay Guest

    Gerry Wolf wrote:
    > Anyone:
    >
    > I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media
    > Player 10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what
    > the hell is causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run
    > Norton anit virus, Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs
    > to possibly flush out any culprit. Would this coincide with the rash
    > of Virtual Memory errors I have received? I've been through all the
    > advice regarding the pagefile.sys and thought I was through it but I
    > still occasionally get that error as well, mainly while runnint WMP.
    >
    > But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the
    > send error report carp constantly.
    >
    > Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh
    > so excellent" Windows XP Home!!!
    >
    > The system is a AMD XP3200, on a FIC AU13 board with 512 mb RAM.
    >
    > Gerry

    http://www.our-class.net/mmchristen/index.php?file=copymessagebox.html

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, May 21, 2005

  3. Gerry Wolf

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:00:57 GMT, "Gerry Wolf" <>
    wrote:

    |>Anyone:

    I fit that!

    |>I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media Player
    |>10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is
    |>causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run Norton anit virus,
    |>Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs to possibly flush out any
    |>culprit. Would this coincide with the rash of Virtual Memory errors I have
    |>received? I've been through all the advice regarding the pagefile.sys and
    |>thought I was through it but I still occasionally get that error as well,
    |>mainly while runnint WMP.
    |>
    |>But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the send
    |>error report carp constantly.
    |>
    |>Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh so
    |>excellent" Windows XP Home!!!

    "hungapp" garbage errors? Google shows a few thousand hits, maleware
    or a new piece bad of software are likely.

    For corrupt files, start in safe mode, open a dos window and enter:
    SFC /scannow

    This will check for the proper critical files being available and up
    to date.

    The catch here is if you installed XP then SP2 when it ask for a CD
    it's going to expect SP2.

    --

    , May 21, 2005
  4. Gerry Wolf

    Scrote Guest

    wrote:
    Snip>>
    >> "hungapp....... maleware
    >> or a new piece bad of software are likely.

    Snip

    What do you think, shirt too loud? ;-)
    --
    Or mis-matched socks?

    Scrote, May 21, 2005
  5. Gerry Wolf

    Kuli Guest

    Scrote wrote:

    > wrote:
    > Snip>>
    >
    >>>"hungapp....... maleware
    >>>or a new piece bad of software are likely.
    >>>

    > Snip
    >
    > What do you think, shirt too loud? ;-)

    The blue suit with brown shoes, most likely.

    Kuli, May 21, 2005