    is it could validate. I performed all the work around suggested by
    microsoft(lmhost, and checked the password and I also set zone transfer to
    each DNS of each server) but still the problem still occur.
    =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2k=?=, Nov 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2k=?=

    LRM Guest

    "Vinci" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a problem on trusting of domain (NT to domain 2003 server) object
    > could not found after trusting. I already trusted both server but the
    > problem
    > is it could validate. I performed all the work around suggested by
    > microsoft(lmhost, and checked the password and I also set zone transfer
    > each DNS of each server) but still the problem still occur.

    What else is happening in your environment? Did you create the trusts while
    the 2003 server was a 2000 server and then perform an upgrade, after which
    the problem began? Is the server W2k3 sp1? with SP1 causing the trouble?
    Have you tried removing and recreating the trusts?
    Were you converting one-way to two-way and the problem began?
    What about other connectivity issues? layer 2 and 3?
    What's in the event log?

    have you seen:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817012
    LRM, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Thank you for replying.

    What else is happening in your environment?
    1. the error said unsucesful during validation. i'll check again the event
    viewer and give you feedback on this. By this one of our client asking to
    help to trust their NT to a new server.

    Did you create the trusts while
    the 2003 server was a 2000 server and then perform an upgrade, after which
    the problem began? Is the server W2k3 sp1?
    2. Its a new installed server, I updated the SP1.

    Have you tried removing and recreating the trusts?
    3. I tried this removing and recreate a trust on both side. I also use
    NBTSTAT -R to purge. Then I restarted the server(windows NT) to refresh.

    Were you converting one-way to two-way and the problem began?
    4. Its a two way trusting.

    What about other connectivity issues? layer 2 and 3?
    5. I also have the same scenario like this on the other site, and I trusted
    it properly. I'm still investigating on the connectivity. so far the firewall
    is ok I check and open all the port that related on trusting a domain.

    I checked again the event log error. I already checked and follow the
    instruction that was said on the event viewer. i'll give you again the info.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2k=?=, Nov 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2k=?=

    LRM Guest

    "Vinci" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for replying.
    >
    > What else is happening in your environment?
    > 1. the error said unsucesful during validation. i'll check again the event
    > viewer and give you feedback on this. By this one of our client asking to
    > help to trust their NT to a new server.
    >
    > Did you create the trusts while
    > the 2003 server was a 2000 server and then perform an upgrade, after which
    > the problem began? Is the server W2k3 sp1?
    > 2. Its a new installed server, I updated the SP1.

    You may need a hotfix. Also is this server a DC acting as PDCe?
    Try this location for a thread talking about something similar:
    http://tinyurl.com/do2nb

    LRM, Nov 9, 2005
  5. here is an another problem on trusting.
    We have 3 different site and site X as PDC, site Y as DC and site Z as DC.
    we bought additional 3 new servers and distuributed it to different sites
    which will trust to site X or to PDC. I already trusted the new server on
    site Y to site X, now, user from site Y could access the object name on site
    X. But on site Z, I couldn't establish trusting on site X.

    here is the procedure I've done.

    1. I copied the trusting porcedure on Z to Y.
    2. checked the LMHOST and DNS.so far it propagate.

    the problem is I already trusted site Z the domain to site x but i couldn't
    access the object access.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2k=?=, Nov 18, 2005
  6. i am a student learning win 2003 server, while we were practice the trusting
    we had same problem like you described here. for this there is only one step
    to perform is that go to event viewer ana clear all counters cash and refresh
    then it wil show u the object.
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFuc29vcg==?=, Dec 30, 2005