trusted domain

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by orc, May 12, 2006.

  1. orc

    orc Guest

    I hope some one can help me with this.
    I'm not very familiar with networking so please be gentle!

    I have a home wireless network with a linksys router connected to broadband
    internet
    the home pc and laptop both xp sp2 form a workgroup and can see each others
    shared files, printers and the internet as desired.

    I also have a work xp laptop which I can connect wired or wireless to the
    router which uses VPN to log in to work.
    this is a different workgroup / domain so can't see the shares or printer
    directly.

    I've been told I can set up a trusted domain between the two networks so
    that I can share files and printers.

    I've searched MS KB and Google but can't find anything that helps me (dummy
    step by step)

    Can anybody point me at a site or step me through it if it is not too
    difficult?

    Thanks for your time and help in advance

    Orc

    orc, May 12, 2006

  2. orc

    Pavel A. Guest

    Please do not tamper with domain settings on the work laptop.
    Many companies consider this a major break of their
    security policy. Ask your IT person how to connect to
    shares of your home PC.

    --PA

    Pavel A., May 12, 2006

  3. orc

    orc Guest

    Thanks for the advise. It was the work IT person who set up and handed me
    the laptop that suggested trusted domains. I assumed it would therefore be
    reasonably easy to achieve.

    Orc

    orc, May 13, 2006