    Regards,
    Amit Patel
    Student LD College

    amit patel, Sep 24, 2011

  2. amit patel

    Nick B. Guest

    On 24/09/2011 12:36, amit patel wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > Hope you are doing well..!!!
    >
    > i am newbie in network field
    >
    > I have a netgear portsafe 16 port smart switch model(GS716T)
    >
    > now i want to implement vlan so can anybody tell me how to do Trunking
    > with vlan in netgear switch i searched a lot on goggle but didn.t
    > found any solution for the same so please suggest me

    Suggest you look on kb.netgear.com and in their forums. Netgear refer to
    it as VLAN tagging rather than trunking and the procedure to set up
    802.1Q trunks and tag ports is a bit messy compared with the Cisco method.

    --
    Nick B.

    Nick B., Sep 24, 2011

  3. amit patel <> writes:
    >i am newbie in network field

    >I have a netgear portsafe 16 port smart switch model(GS716T)

    >now i want to implement vlan so can anybody tell me how to do Trunking
    >with vlan in netgear switch i searched a lot on goggle but didn.t
    >found any solution for the same so please suggest me

    Once you turn on taging a VLAN on the Netgear, it'll be a "trunk" port
    in Cisco speak. The mixed tagged/untag model doesn't work well to
    grow/interopt with cisco, usually all vlans are tagged.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 25, 2011