    3500XL
    | F0/2 Member of VLAN 5 only

    Generic HUB
    Michael Letchworth, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Michael Letchworth

    Toby Guest

    "Michael Letchworth" <> wrote in message
    > If I have a hub that does not support VLAN or trunking, do I have to do
    > anything special to the port that connected to the hub other then making
    > it a member of a vlan? I'm assuming that all ports the hub will only see
    > traffic from vlan5 until it hit the RSM and is routed over to VLAN10.
    >
    > Thank for any help or advise.
    >
    > 5509
    > | 2/1 Trunk 802.1Q VLAN5,10
    > |

    > | F0/1 Trunk 802.1Q VLAN5,10
    > 3500XL
    > | F0/2 Member of VLAN 5 only
    > |

    > Generic HUB

    If you make F0/2 a part of Vlan 5 but do not use trunking for this port then
    the port F0/2 will take standard Ethernet frames and deliver them only to
    other ports in Vlan 5 including the trunking ports.

    Toby
    Toby, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Michael Letchworth

    mimiseh Guest

    Hi,
    When a pc connect to the generic hub send a broadcast, will the
    broadcast go over to other vlans.

    mimiseh, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Michael Letchworth

    Ben Guest

    mimiseh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > When a pc connect to the generic hub send a broadcast, will the
    > broadcast go over to other vlans.
    > "Toby" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Michael Letchworth" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>If I have a hub that does not support VLAN or trunking, do I have to do
    >>>anything special to the port that connected to the hub other then making
    >>>it a member of a vlan? I'm assuming that all ports the hub will only see
    >>>traffic from vlan5 until it hit the RSM and is routed over to VLAN10.
    >>>
    >>>Thank for any help or advise.
    >>>
    >>> 5509

    >>>3500XL
    >>> |

    >>>Generic HUB
    >>>

    >>If you make F0/2 a part of Vlan 5 but do not use trunking for this port

    > then
    >
    >>the port F0/2 will take standard Ethernet frames and deliver them only to
    >>other ports in Vlan 5 including the trunking ports.
    >>
    >>Toby

    No, that's the whole idea of a VLAN - it's a separate broadcast domain.
    Ben, Dec 9, 2004