    used, the only info I can see is from the 500 spec, saying that it
    support dot1q...
    , Mar 28, 2006

  2. Trouble Guest

    Yes I have and done it a thousands times.

    You need to make sure you check your configurations on both side
    Check the cable
    check note on the nortel side.
    Trouble, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Darren Smith Guest

    Hi,

    The CE500 supports 802.1q trunks ok, we have a number of them connecting
    back to 3560 switches.

    Make sure the VLAN's are allowed down the trunk of the 3560.

    Also, if you are using VTP, the CE500 works in transparent mode, so the
    VLANs will need to be created on the CE500.

    Regards

    Darren Smith

    Darren Smith, Mar 29, 2006
  4. conft

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Cli

    If you can't understand the exact meaning of smart ports, you can use a web based CLI (YES!) for managing Catalyst Express 500. Check the following article for more details: http://www.ciscotests.org/articles.php?id=1
    conft, Jan 19, 2008