    something a lot smaller than the 2-port MH-22 charger that comes with
    the D3?

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, May 26, 2009

  2. Father Kodak

    Father Kodak Guest

    On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:57:35 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1{REMOVESPAM}@me.com> wrote:

    >On 2009-05-25 16:29:42 -0700, Father Kodak <> said:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a truly portable charger for the EN-EL4A battery,
    >> something a lot smaller than the 2-port MH-22 charger that comes with
    >> the D3?
    >>
    >> Father Kodak

    >I am using the MH-21
    >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300650-REG/Nikon_25278_MH_21_Quick_Charger.html
    >Not
    >
    >particularly small, but smaller than the MH-22.

    I was hoping that some third party (Maha?) made such a charger,
    something about the same size as the battery itself, truly portable.

    -Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, May 26, 2009

  3. Father Kodak

    Guest

    , May 26, 2009
  4. Father Kodak

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: |AX| Re: truly portable charger for Nikon EN-EL4a battery (D2,D3 series)

    Father Kodak wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:57:35 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1{REMOVESPAM}@me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2009-05-25 16:29:42 -0700, Father Kodak <> said:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of a truly portable charger for the EN-EL4A battery,
    >>> something a lot smaller than the 2-port MH-22 charger that comes with
    >>> the D3?
    >>>
    >>> Father Kodak

    >> I am using the MH-21
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300650-REG/Nikon_25278_MH_21_Quick_Charger.html
    >> Not
    >>
    >> particularly small, but smaller than the MH-22.

    I use an MH-18a for my D700 with EN-EL3e batteries.
    I guess those are not compatible though.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Battery-Charger-EN-EL3e-compatible/dp/B0009PEU3Y

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, May 26, 2009
  5. Father Kodak

    Father Kodak Guest

    On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:19:59 -0400, wrote:

    >On Tue, 26 May 2009 11:19:06 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Father Kodak
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I was hoping that some third party (Maha?) made such a charger,
    >>something about the same size as the battery itself, truly portable.

    >Lenmar would seem to imply they have one capable.
    >
    >http://www.lenmar.com/Web/ProductSummary.aspx?OEM=Nikon&CatID=2&Model=EN-EL4a

    Uh, I'm not so sure. I checked that page, and did find the EN-EL4a
    battery, which seems legit. However, I think the mis-classified the
    "universal charger." I had to go to the PDF to see details, and in
    the PDF it states that this charger works for most batteries 3.6-7.2
    V. Only problem is that the EL4a is 11.1 V. And the contacts are so
    recessed that I doubt that the charger contact pins would have worked
    OK.

    Thanks for the URL, though.

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, May 29, 2009