True type fonts on RH 9.0 + Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Ranjit, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. Ranjit

    Ranjit Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to install true type fonts on my RH 9.0 box and get it to
    work with Firefox. However for some reasons I am unable to get it to
    work. Here is what I have done.

    1. In the dir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF, copy the fonts I need
    (The dir was already present in my installation)

    2) Run the following commands
    ttmkfdir>fonts.scale
    mkfontdir

    3) Made sure that the config file located at /etc/X11/fs has the entry
    of above dir in the catalogue section.

    4) Restart the xfs and logged out, logged in.

    5) In FF, Edit -> preferences -> General -> Fonts and Color I set the
    "Fonts For" to user defined.

    After all this, if I try to surf to a site that uses the above installed
    fonts, the fonts on the site are still seen as a garbage. I am sure that
    the fonts are installed properly coz I can use them in openOffice.
    What are the setting I need to change so that I can get the working in FF.

    Thanks.

    Ranjit, Nov 8, 2004