Trucha

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pablo, Sep 17, 2012.

  1. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Pablo, Sep 17, 2012

  2. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Pablo, Sep 17, 2012

  3. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Savageduck escribió:

    > On 2012-09-17 04:51:10 -0700, Pablo <> said:
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7995576282/in/photostream
    >>
    >> ¿Hay manera de mejorarla?

    > Hi Paul,
    > First, nice fish.

    I tried to cancel the post, but that rarely works. Which of course means
    that some won't know what the hell we're talking about.

    > A simple answer (and my Spanish is simple) to your question;
    > No como él estaba tiro.

    Well, I understand because it's written in English :) A couple of tips
    though: foto is feminine "la" (but it's superfluous here).

    Action = ser
    Result = estar

    se tiró, se disparó, fue disparada, fue tirada, fue fotografiada, ha sido...
    etc.

    All sound like we're talking about someone shooting himself, mind. "Tomar"
    would sound better. "Se tomó".

    > This is another of those shots where some planning would have helped.
    >
    > First you needed a Circular Polarizer Filter (CPF). This would have
    > (should) clear the surface reflections to show more detail of the fish.

    As I replied in the Spanish group, I had a polarizer fitted, but in my
    stupidity, it wasn't set right, so had no effect. Got some nice effects in
    some photos of the water itself though. Little stars and stuff.

    > You picked the wrong time of day, when the Sun was at its most awkward.
    > If you weren't able to pick a better time of day, you might have
    > considered having somebody hold a shade device of some sort over the
    > bright area to the left.

    "Oh look, some trout - click". Almost fell in the river. Put no effort into
    that snap at all. I was just wondering if anything could be done with it to
    make it less crap.

    > ...and then I think you might have shot full auto and the camera got it
    > wrong for what I suspect you were trying to do, which was capture the
    > fish. There is also quite a bit of noise, due to in-camera (or perhaps
    > PP) jpeg over-compression.

    Something seems to have eaten the exif data. I have buggered about with the
    image in both DPP and Gimp, so probably made it much worse. I can show you
    the original RAW if you have bandwidth (and inclination) to spare. I have
    actually picked up some useful advice from amongst the bickering here.

    > Even working on your original it is tough to fix in post. I am not sure
    > of what you had done to it brfore you put it up on flickr.

    See above.

    --
    Pablo

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
    for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
    Follow the link at your peril.
    http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

    Pablo, Sep 17, 2012
  4. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Pablo, Sep 17, 2012
  5. Pablo

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:00:43 -0700, "Frank S" <>
    wrote:

    >*Patent applied for. Notary Sojac.

    The funny pages carried Smokey Stover when I was a kid. No one knew
    what "Notary Sojac" meant. Now, you can Google it and "Straight Dope"
    will tell you it has no meaning.

    Foo.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 17, 2012
  6. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/17/2012 4:00 PM, Frank S wrote:

    > "Pablo" <> wrote in message
    >> Savageduck escribió:
    >>
    >>> Given the "poor potential"

    >> That kind of answers my question, really.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > The prisoners use to say, "Ponte trucha -- viene el Ruco".
    >
    > I'm not much of a Photoshoppist*, but my impulse would be to create a
    > second layer of the image, reverse/invert it and selectively erase
    > offensive sections of the original. Maybe a number of inverts with tints
    > compatible with the original's.
    >
    > *Patent applied for. Notary Sojac.

    I was about to suggest a polarizer. then read on.

    I think the image has nice abstract potential. But, that's a matter of
    taste. I can also understand why someone would want a shot of trout in a
    stream. Simply to show there were. Nothing wrong with that.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 18, 2012
  7. Pablo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:00:14 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : On 2012-09-17 04:51:10 -0700, Pablo <> said:
    :
    : > http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7995576282/in/photostream
    : >
    : > ¿Hay manera de mejorarla?
    :
    : Hi Paul,
    : First, nice fish.

    Fish?? I took it for an ar1al shot of farmland in the Andes.

    : A simple answer (and my Spanish is simple) to your question;
    : No como él estaba tiro.

    ¡Mi español sería más mala que la tuya!

    Roberto

    Robert Coe, Sep 18, 2012
  8. Pablo

    otter Guest

    On Sep 17, 6:51 am, Pablo <> wrote:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7995576282/in/photostream
    >
    > ¿Hay manera de mejorarla?
    > --
    > Pablo
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    > The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
    > for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
    > Follow the link at your peril.http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

    I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
    think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
    than the cork tree or the goats.
    Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

    otter, Sep 18, 2012
  9. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    otter escribió:

    > On Sep 17, 6:51 am, Pablo <> wrote:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7995576282/in/photostream

    > I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
    > think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
    > than the cork tree or the goats.

    Heh. Each to his own.

    > Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

    But it won't be all there yet.

    --
    Pablo

    Pablo, Sep 18, 2012
  10. Pablo

    otter Guest

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/7999613918/lightbox/

    otter, Sep 18, 2012
  11. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 3:52 AM, Pablo wrote:
    > otter escribió:
    >
    >> On Sep 17, 6:51 am, Pablo <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7995576282/in/photostream

    >> I think there is potential to this picture. As a matter of fact, I
    >> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you. Much better
    >> than the cork tree or the goats.

    > Heh. Each to his own.
    >
    >> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2
    >
    > But it won't be all there yet.

    & a c
    I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.

    <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 18, 2012
  12. Pablo

    otter Guest

    On Sep 18, 8:15 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 9/18/2012 3:52 AM, Pablo wrote:
    >

    > > otter escribió:

    > >> I think there is potential to this picture.  As a matter of fact, I
    > >> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you.  Much better
    > >> than the cork tree or the goats.

    > > Heh. Each to his own.

    > >> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

    > >https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

    > > But it won't be all there yet.

    > & a c
    > I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.
    >
    > <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Can't see yours, Peter. Says I don't belong there.

    otter, Sep 18, 2012
  13. Pablo

    otter Guest

    On Sep 18, 9:04 am, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2012-09-18 00:52:58 -0700, Pablo <> said:
    >

    > > otter escribió:

    > >> I think there is potential to this picture.  As a matter of fact, I
    > >> think this is one of the better shots I've seen from you.  Much better
    > >> than the cork tree or the goats.

    > > Heh. Each to his own.

    > >> Put the RAW file on dropbox, I'll take a shot at it.

    > >https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2

    > > But it won't be all there yet.

    > Well, give me a RAW file to play with...
    >
    > I see Otter had a similar idea to me with regard to crop and removing
    > some of the yellowish color cast.
    > here is my rendition.
    >
    > <http://db.tt/s4hPyjRk>
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    The crop looks familiar. There were lots of ways to go with this.

    otter, Sep 18, 2012
  14. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 10:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-18 06:14:59 -0700, PeterN <> said:

    >>> Heh. Each to his own.

    >>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28266593/IMG_6551.CR2
    >>>
    >>> But it won't be all there yet.
    >>>

    >> & a c
    >> I made some rough changes & a crop using only ACR.
    >>
    >> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>

    > You have to let DB generate the shared URL. You can't just copy the URL
    > from your browser URL window.
    >
    > < http://db.tt/lmXQU9on >

    how?

    I clicked on share and copied the link.

    PeterN, Sep 18, 2012
  15. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-18 08:10:54 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 9/18/2012 10:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> You have to let DB generate the shared URL. You can't just copy the URL
    >>> from your browser URL window.
    >>>
    >>> < http://db.tt/lmXQU9on >

    >> how?
    >>
    >> I clicked on share and copied the link.
    >>

    >> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>>

    > Nope!
    > Still not available to the World.
    >
    > If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
    > language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
    > appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
    > changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
    > individual sharing that folder.
    > Don't use that for Usenet.
    > < http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL >
    >
    > To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
    > to the image via your DB web site.
    > Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
    > row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
    > indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
    > dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
    > copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
    > appears in that window.
    > < http://db.tt/KHlSOjal >
    >
    > If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
    > column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
    > of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
    > "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
    > from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
    > for posting anywhere.
    > < http://db.tt/alj539lN >
    > < http://db.tt/NePOAOMi >
    >
    > Perhaps here.
    > <
    > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7bbj1se/oTLxQlNoue/Shared Images/WTF-2012w

    Thanks

    Did this work

    <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 18, 2012
  16. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 1:47 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-18 10:36:12 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Nope!
    >>> Still not available to the World.
    >>>
    >>> If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
    >>> language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
    >>> appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
    >>> changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
    >>> individual sharing that folder.
    >>> Don't use that for Usenet.
    >>> < http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL >
    >>>
    >>> To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
    >>> to the image via your DB web site.
    >>> Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
    >>> row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
    >>> indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
    >>> dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
    >>> copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
    >>> appears in that window.
    >>> < http://db.tt/KHlSOjal >
    >>>
    >>> If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
    >>> column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
    >>> of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
    >>> "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
    >>> from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
    >>> for posting anywhere.
    >>> < http://db.tt/alj539lN >
    >>> < http://db.tt/NePOAOMi >
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps here.
    >>> <
    >>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7bbj1se/oTLxQlNoue/Shared Images/WTF-2012w
    >>>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Did this work
    >>
    >> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

    > Yup!

    Thanks.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 18, 2012
  17. Pablo

    otter Guest

    On Sep 18, 12:36 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 9/18/2012 12:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    > >> how?

    > >> I clicked on share and copied the link.

    > >> <https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/IMG_6551.jpg?w=7f35344c>>

    > > Nope!
    > > Still not available to the World.

    > > If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
    > > language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
    > > appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
    > > changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
    > > individual sharing that folder.
    > > Don't use that for Usenet.
    > > <http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL>

    > > To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
    > > to the image via your DB web site.
    > > Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
    > > row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
    > > indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
    > > dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
    > > copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
    > > appears in that window.
    > > <http://db.tt/KHlSOjal>

    > > If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
    > > column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
    > > of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
    > > "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
    > > from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
    > > for posting anywhere.
    > > <http://db.tt/alj539lN>
    > > <http://db.tt/NePOAOMi>

    > > Perhaps here.
    > > <
    > >https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7bbj1se/oTLxQlNoue/Shared Images...

    > Thanks
    >
    > Did this work
    >
    > <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    I like it. Good job.

    otter, Sep 18, 2012
  18. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 6:48 PM, otter wrote:
    > On Sep 18, 12:36 pm, PeterN <> wrote:

    >>> Nope!
    >>> Still not available to the World.

    >>> If you are clicking on "Share" in the column on the left, in "Dropbox
    >>> language" that is for establishing a collaborative "shared folder" to
    >>> appear inside their DropBox, and this syncs automatically for edit
    >>> changes and added versions for all who are permitted to join by the
    >>> individual sharing that folder.
    >>> Don't use that for Usenet.
    >>> <http://db.tt/SoLwjuNL>

    >>> To post a URL to an image you have in your "Public" DB folder, navigate
    >>> to the image via your DB web site.
    >>> Select the image, and the file name will appear on the left of the third
    >>> row from the top of the page. To the right of the name you will see as
    >>> indicated by the red oval "Copy public link". Click on this and another
    >>> dialog window will open giving you the option to shorten the URL and
    >>> copy it to your clipboard, or just select and copy it from where it
    >>> appears in that window.
    >>> <http://db.tt/KHlSOjal>

    >>> If you just want to post a folder of images click on "Links" in the
    >>> column on the left. Navigate to the desired folder and on the top right
    >>> of the page you will see "Share" this is not the same as selecting
    >>> "Share" from the column on the left. This will give you a dialog window
    >>> from which you can email the URL to the folder or you can copy the url
    >>> for posting anywhere.
    >>> <http://db.tt/alj539lN>
    >>> <http://db.tt/NePOAOMi>

    >>> Perhaps here.
    >>> <
    >>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7bbj1se/oTLxQlNoue/Shared Images...

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Did this work
    >>
    >> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > I like it. Good job.

    thanks.
    I made all adjustments in ACR
    Not sure it would improve much in PS

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 19, 2012
  19. Pablo

    otter Guest

    On Sep 18, 6:38 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 9/18/2012 6:48 PM, otter wrote:

    > >> Thanks

    > >> Did this work

    > >> <http://db.tt/p5OkPgLq>>

    > >> --
    > >> Peter

    > > I like it.  Good job.

    > thanks.
    > I made all adjustments in ACR
    > Not sure it would improve much in PS

    I did all my edits in LR3, which is essentially the same as ACR. I
    really need to use CS5 again, just to brush up.

    otter, Sep 19, 2012
  20. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/18/2012 10:43 PM, otter wrote:
    > On Sep 18, 6:38 pm, PeterN <> wrote:

    >> thanks.
    >> I made all adjustments in ACR
    >> Not sure it would improve much in PS

    > I did all my edits in LR3, which is essentially the same as ACR. I
    > really need to use CS5 again, just to brush up.

    I think that LT is ACR on steroids.

    BTW I really like the context sensitive tools in CS6.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 20, 2012