  1. Whazzup?

    Whazzup? Guest

    Are these considered braindumps?
    Whazzup?, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Whazzup?

    Maestro Guest

    The former owner of TroyTech is awaiting trial for Trade
    theft, so yes they are.

    Maestro, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Whazzup?

    Whazzup? Guest

    Really -- cause I just got a copy and all they appear to
    be is study guides. There are no Q&A like braindumps. I
    was going to use them to refresh for the Win 2000
    Professional Exam but I don't want to violate the
    Microsoft agreement that you agree to before taking an
    exam.

    If anyone has a link to the story of the TroyTech owner
    awaiting trial I would love to read up on it.

    Thanks :p

    Whazzup?, Aug 7, 2003
  4. I have seen the pure study guides from Troytech and they are OK without the
    Q&A. They are great about presenting the MS objectives for a study guide.
    Memorizing the study guide will not enable anyone to pass the test, but is a
    great guide to direct your studying.

    Diana K Brown, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Whazzup?

    CertCities Guest

    Re: TroyTech Study Guides/Legal Update

    Hi Wazzup,

    Here's the latest we have on the TroyTech legal saga (from May):

    http://certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=444

    Most of the article focuses on the transfer of the URL, but there's
    also a little info regarding the status of the case. I checked court
    records as recently as last week and as far as I can tell no progress
    on that end, nor has his assets been returned.

    I did speak with a prosecutor soon after the above story who said that
    they ARE going to file charges, but no one's giving any info on why
    its taking so long. As soon I do find out something more, I'll post on
    it.

    BTW -- In case anyone's following the legal actions as a whole,
    there's a new Civil case filed by CompTIA against Cheatexams.com:

    http://certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=480

    -- Becky

    Becky Nagel, Editor
    CertCities