Troytech as well!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Aren't they? I've not actually seen them but I was under the impression they
    had some of the exam questions at the back. If not my mistake!

    Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    "R" <> wrote in message
    > Transcenders are NOT braindumps/real exams. I DO agree with you re. others
    > such as testking.
    >
    > "Ben Blackmore" <> wrote in message
    > > This has probably been said many times, but people just don't seem to

    get
    > > the point! And although I've been posting on this NG for only few weeks

    > its
    > > beginning to annoy me seeing people (such as Sathir Puchnabe, Maria

    > Zapatta)
    > > post 'I passed my exam thanks to Testking' or 'I'm taking the exam soon,
    > > does anyone know if Transcender have a paper on it?'!
    > >
    > > If you use Testking or Transcender or any other software/study
    > > guides/braindumps that give you the actual test questions and answers

    then
    > > YOU ARE CHEATING, you are obtaining your qualification illegally, you

    > might
    > > as well use one of those dodgy internet diplomas!
    > >
    > > If everyone cheated and took the exams, then we'd have millions of
    > > MCPs/MCSAs & MCSEs wandering around who don't know sh*t. It would mean

    > that
    > > those of us who really studied and took the exam legally would have our
    > > certification degraded to the point where it became pointless. I'm only

    an
    > > MCP now, but I'm working towards MCSA, then MCSE, and I want to know

    that
    > in
    > > the end it's going to be worth all the effort!
    > >
    > > Secondly if you become an MCSE through cheating, and you don't really

    know
    > > what your talking about, and then get a job based on that qualification,
    > > then what happens when a real problem arises in your job, and you have

    no
    > > idea how to sort it? Testking won't be able to help you then will they!?

    > And
    > > you'll look like a real pro in front of your new boss and fellow MCSE

    > team,
    > > won't you!
    > >
    > > If you really want that MCP/MCSE qualification WORK for it, study the
    > > literature, work with the OS to gain experiance, above all, remember
    > > TestKing/Transcender is NO help to you, you might think it is when you

    > pass
    > > the exam, but in reality it is just giving you a false qualification,

    and

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004

  2. >Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    don't forget wong, cobol and chums.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Ben Blackmore

    Frisbee® Guest

    Ben Blackmore wrote:
    > Aren't they? I've not actually seen them but I was under the
    > impression they had some of the exam questions at the back. If not my
    > mistake!
    >
    > Another big one I missed was Troytech which is a braindump!

    Based on a conversation I had in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, I now tend
    to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps I suspected they were, but
    didn't know for sure. Someone who used them confirmed that they do indeed
    have actual test questions, but like Testking et. al., they're loaded with
    incorrect answers. BTW, please use my munged version of the bad word, as
    we've also discovered a while back that some web sites that do newsgroup
    feeds have been using that naughty word to allow certain less-than-honorable
    vendors to link to their a s s f u c k i n g web sites.

    --
    Fris "Exam Cram it up your ..." bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    Frisbee®, Jul 27, 2004
  4. >I now tend
    >to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    Do you mean the books? If so I'm quite surprised to hear that. I
    bought a couple of those books (VC desktop & distributed) and thought
    they were quite good. I don't recall any questions in the books being
    word for word as those in the exams.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Ben Blackmore

    Frisbee® Guest

    >> I now tend
    >> to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    > Do you mean the books? If so I'm quite surprised to hear that. I
    > bought a couple of those books (VC desktop & distributed) and thought
    > they were quite good. I don't recall any questions in the books being
    > word for word as those in the exams.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated that
    he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored" with
    TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many of
    the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.

    What a surprise.

    --
    Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13

    Frisbee®, Jul 27, 2004
  6. "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated

    that
    > he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored" with
    > TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    > were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many of
    > the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.
    >
    > What a surprise.
    >
    > --
    > Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13
    >
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > http://www.mcngp.tk
    >
    > Certaholics

    I'd say it would be poetic justice if a question came up on the exam, and
    you answered wrong because you used TestKing to cheat and were too dumb to
    realise!

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  7. Ben Blackmore

    molsonexpert Guest

    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Look for a post in the MCAD group. I'm pretty sure that the guy stated

    > that
    > > he used both Exam Crams and TestKing, although he said he got "bored"

    with
    > > TestKing and stopped using it, and said (or at least implied) that there
    > > were questions on the exam from both products. He also added that many

    of
    > > the questions, at least in TestKing, were wrong.
    > >
    > > What a surprise.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fris "He didn't get my vertical secret message" bee®, MCNGP #13
    > >
    > > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > > http://www.mcngp.tk
    > >
    > > Certaholics
    > >

    > I'd say it would be poetic justice if a question came up on the exam, and
    > you answered wrong because you used TestKing to cheat and were too dumb to
    > realise!
    > --
    > Ben
    >
    > IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    > "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    Although I would never endorse a braindump, or the likes of testking et al.,
    I still think some of the burden should be put on Microsoft to constantly
    update and change the exam questions (or even changing the formats), so that
    a braindump from, say, 3 months ago, would be useless. As for the poetic
    justice, I always thought it would be cool if MS reused their old exam
    questions, but subtly change the wording to make the question mean something
    totally different. Anyone who uses a braindump for their main study material
    might get a little confused.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Jul 27, 2004
  8. "molsonexpert" <> wrote in message

    > Although I would never endorse a braindump, or the likes of testking et

    al.,
    > I still think some of the burden should be put on Microsoft to constantly
    > update and change the exam questions (or even changing the formats), so

    that
    > a braindump from, say, 3 months ago, would be useless. As for the poetic
    > justice, I always thought it would be cool if MS reused their old exam
    > questions, but subtly change the wording to make the question mean

    something
    > totally different. Anyone who uses a braindump for their main study

    material
    > might get a little confused.
    >
    > steve.

    Your right, they should have an exam board like most educational exam
    boards, who revise and add new questions on a regular basis. At the moment I
    think they have a pool of 400 questions, of which you get asked a random
    selection. If they were to add/remove 100 questions every once in a while it
    would put brain dumps out of business!

    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 27, 2004
  9. Ben Blackmore

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 27, 2004 "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > I now tend to believe that Exam Crams are also br@indumps

    Umm.. yea... I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Yea...

    I've used the Exam Cram series books (from Corolis not Que) for all of the
    exams I've taken and an Exam Cram 2 (from Que not Corolis) for the 70-218
    (although I never actually read it) and I also have the free versions of the
    Exam Master practice tests from Exam Force
    (http://www.examforce.com/customer/home.php). They are basically the same
    questions from the book so you can judge for yourself. I found their
    questions to be not only easy but nothing resembling the real exam. They are
    full of errors and incorrect answers (but hey, they're free!) so you do have
    to watch out. But I definately would *not* consider them to be "braindumps".

    --
    Tech "Contrary Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 27, 2004
  10. Ben Blackmore

    Japes Guest

    Don't be surprised if they are "re-wording" questions..... I can't remember
    which but it was either 210/215, where I had nearly identical worded
    questions and answers, back to back in the exam. I honestly thought I hadn't
    clicked the next button and went back, took me a moment to realised what was
    going on.

    --
    Regards

    Japes
    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?
    When replying by email kindly put STARWARS in the subject line, otherwise
    its automatically deleted.

    Japes, Jul 27, 2004