    What can be done in this case?

    Thanks,
    Bogdan
    bp, Jun 4, 2005

  2. bp

    Frederick Guest

    bp wrote:
    > I've just noticed I have a troublesome pixel in my camera's sensor. I
    > didn't notice until now because I didn't try exposures longer
    > than 1 sec, but today I did and after few tests with the lens cap
    > on and I noticed that starting with 5 sec exposures I get one central
    > pixel light gray and the adjacent four from the corners
    > are darker gray.
    > The effect is more obvious as I increase the exposure time, below
    > 5 sec can't be seen, at 5 sec the central pixel is dark grey and
    > at 30 sec is light gray.
    > If I activate the "long exposure noise reduction" the defect is
    > masked.
    > Unfortunately the month since I bought the camera just passed
    > so I can't exchange it at the store anymore. Is this pixel the
    > first of a following series or the defect doesn't spread in time?
    > What can be done in this case?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bogdan

    Have you asked yourself why your camera has long exposure noise reduction?
    Frederick, Jun 4, 2005

  3. bp

    Alex Butcher Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 23:41:04 -0400, bp wrote:

    > I've just noticed I have a troublesome pixel in my camera's sensor. I
    > didn't notice until now because I didn't try exposures longer than 1 sec,
    > but today I did and after few tests with the lens cap on and I noticed
    > that starting with 5 sec exposures I get one central pixel light gray and
    > the adjacent four from the corners are darker gray.
    > The effect is more obvious as I increase the exposure time, below 5 sec
    > can't be seen, at 5 sec the central pixel is dark grey and at 30 sec is
    > light gray.
    > If I activate the "long exposure noise reduction" the defect is masked.
    > Unfortunately the month since I bought the camera just passed so I can't
    > exchange it at the store anymore. Is this pixel the first of a following
    > series or the defect doesn't spread in time? What can be done in this
    > case?

    What model of camera are you using? Olympus include a function to scan the
    CCD for marginal pixels and ignore readings from them.

    > Thanks,
    > Bogdan

    Best Regards,
    Alex.
    --
    Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
    Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?
    Alex Butcher, Jun 4, 2005
  4. bp

    bp Guest

    > What model of camera are you using? Olympus include a function to scan the
    > CCD for marginal pixels and ignore readings from them.

    It is a canon rebel XT and it lacks hot pixel marking functions as far as
    know.

    Bogdan
    bp, Jun 4, 2005