    faster, thinking it may be a faulty port but could use some confermation.

    Thanks,

    -Wil
    Wil, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Wil

    Make Guest

    It could be cable or bad nic or bad network drivers.

    If you have quite new IOS (there will be about 20 sek time out for that
    interface)
    test cable- tdr int gi3/1
    sh cable- tdr int gi3/1

    Make, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Hi,

    what about the processor ?
    Input drops can occur due to hich processor utilisation.
    Take a look on it with 'show process cpu' and 'show process cpu history'.

    Greetings,
    Gerald

    Gerald Brümmer, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Wil

    Merv Guest

    > I've got a port on one of my 6509's that seems to incrimenting input
    > overruns at a rate of about two per second.

    Move to another port to see if problem follows and post results
    Merv, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Wil

    Wil Guest

    Thanks , pretty sure its a driver issue on the host.

    -Wil

    Wil, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Wil

    Wil Guest

    Can't move it at this point, gotta wait until the weekend :)

    -Wil

    Wil, Mar 13, 2006