Troubles with PNY SD-128 and HP 320 camera!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by alessio, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. alessio

    alessio Guest

    Hello, I bought a brand new PNY SD card, I have put it in the camera
    and I begun to shot.
    The problem is that the camera can't read the photos recorded by
    itself!
    It says "unknow format".
    If I download these photos (at any resolutions) onto my computer,
    using the camera cable (I have no card reader), I find in the album
    directory many .jpg files, correctly named and dated, of a right size
    (some about 700k, some about 1Mb depending by choosen reslutiond), but
    I can't open it with any sofware!
    Always, an error occurs in file format and it's impossible to read.

    Note that there are no problems using the internal memory of the
    camera (8Mb), I can see and download all images.

    My shop accepted to replace my card (I have to wait about 2 weeks..)
    but told me no reasons of why this happens.
    Obviously, they won't recovery my photos.

    Fortunately, I have them saved now in the hard disk, do you know a
    method to recovery them?
    I have to open these photos, they are very important for me!

    Thank you, Alessio
    alessio, Nov 10, 2003