    Any troubleshooting ideas? Diagnostics? I've done the basic
    things--rebooted, removed and re-inserted the drive, defragmented.

    Thanks.
    Daniel Anderson, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Daniel Anderson

    Tee Jay Guest

    Daniel Anderson wrote:
    > I tried to back up my email (outlook express) and write the files to my
    > CD/RW and I can't get anything to copy over to the cd. I've even tried a
    > number of different word documents, and nothing doing.
    >
    > Any troubleshooting ideas? Diagnostics? I've done the basic
    > things--rebooted, removed and re-inserted the drive, defragmented.
    >
    > Thanks.

    What are you using for a burning program? Are you making a Data cd/dvd?
    If you are using XP's built in ability are you using a blank cd or cdrw?
    Try Nero Burning Rom. There is a free trial period and it is an
    excellent program.
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Daniel Anderson

    SeniorsGuide Guest

    Daniel Anderson wrote:
    > I tried to back up my email (outlook express) and write the files to my
    > CD/RW and I can't get anything to copy over to the cd. I've even tried a
    > number of different word documents, and nothing doing.
    >
    > Any troubleshooting ideas? Diagnostics? I've done the basic
    > things--rebooted, removed and re-inserted the drive, defragmented.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Make sure you finalize the CD.

    --

    Senior's Guide to Computers