    says WPC54GS is inactive and /or wpc54gs is not installed. Yet in Device mgr
    all is well. onboatd nic is disabled. winxp pro sp2.
    Frank L

    Frank, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Frank

    Clark Guest

    Have you checked and made sure you have a driver installed for the adapter?

    Does it show enabled?

    Are the lights blinking?

    Have you changed the SSID of the router and perhaps changed channels?

    Do you have MAC filtering set up? If not you might want to do that.

    To troubleshoot, turn off all security and turn on the SSID broadcast in the
    router.

    Does the WPC54GS configuration utility see any networks at all?

    Are you using WAP security and if not, try turning off the 802.1x security?

    Do you use VPN or do you show any Eacfilt Drivers bound to the adapter? If
    you do, uncheck it.

    I have been playing with my setup for several days. Some times it works
    great and connects without problems, but after I change something, it might
    take a while to get back to where it was. Also rebooting everything can
    sometimes help connection problems.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hey Clark,
    Yeah, mine was fine also. I didn't change anything, but I did disable the
    router in the config page on my desktop (wrtg4gs) Everything else you
    mentioned , I have checked. I am going to uninstall and reinstall the card
    and see what happens. I hope I can disable the wireless capabilities without
    this happening everytime I do.
    Thanks
    Frank l

    Frank, Jul 9, 2005
  4. My wireless was working fine until I upgraded to Windows XP- prof from 2000.
    Now I can not get a driver to install, tried linksys site download and
    windows update, none will install get Error Code: 0x80070436 There was a
    problem installing this hardware,An error occurred during installation of the
    device,Tthe name is already in use as either a service name or service
    display name. Any suggestions????

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYg==?=, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Frank

    Mike Fields Guest

    Try removing the card, remove with device manager
    reboot so the system really knows it is not there then
    try re-installing. I have had problems with left over
    drivers before on an upgrade. Make sure it is NOT
    there before you try to do the install of the new drivers.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jul 12, 2005