    as all my contacts and mail reappear !
    Would be grateful if anyone can help, thanks
    Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 4, 2007

  2. Mike Gellert

    Guest

    On May 3, 4:11 pm, Mike Gellert <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm running 1.5 and subscribing to 6 newsgroups. Suddenly and repeatedly
    > I am being asked if I wish to subscribe to each group (when I already
    > am) and the read messages will not grayed out. I have deleted and
    > reinstalled without any luck. If fact it doesn't seem to delete at all,
    > as all my contacts and mail reappear !
    > Would be grateful if anyone can help, thanks
    > Mike

    this is one of the crappy glitches of TB. Remove the newsgroups.
    Close the program, and using your file manager located the News
    section of the TB profile. Now, remove the files there. Restart TB.
    Do things work now?

    , May 4, 2007

  3. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 3, 4:11 pm, Mike Gellert <> wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> I'm running 1.5 and subscribing to 6 newsgroups. Suddenly and repeatedly
    >> I am being asked if I wish to subscribe to each group (when I already
    >> am) and the read messages will not grayed out. I have deleted and
    >> reinstalled without any luck. If fact it doesn't seem to delete at all,
    >> as all my contacts and mail reappear !
    >> Would be grateful if anyone can help, thanks
    >> Mike

    > this is one of the crappy glitches of TB. Remove the newsgroups.
    > Close the program, and using your file manager located the News
    > section of the TB profile. Now, remove the files there. Restart TB.
    > Do things work now?

    Hi Peter,
    Tried all that.....no joy
    Have installed the new verson 2 of TB.....no joy
    When I uninstall a group, It just reappears. most odd
    Guess I'll have to live with it, which is a bit of a bummer as the
    program has some good points.
    Thanks anyway Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 4, 2007
  4. Mike Gellert

    Guest

    On May 3, 5:11 pm, Mike Gellert <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On May 3, 4:11 pm, Mike Gellert <> wrote:
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> I'm running 1.5 and subscribing to 6 newsgroups. Suddenly and repeatedly
    > >> I am being asked if I wish to subscribe to each group (when I already
    > >> am) and the read messages will not grayed out. I have deleted and
    > >> reinstalled without any luck. If fact it doesn't seem to delete at all,
    > >> as all my contacts and mail reappear !
    > >> Would be grateful if anyone can help, thanks
    > >> Mike

    > > this is one of the crappy glitches of TB. Remove the newsgroups.
    > > Close the program, and using your file manager located the News
    > > section of the TB profile. Now, remove the files there. Restart TB.
    > > Do things work now?

    > Hi Peter,
    > Tried all that.....no joy
    > Have installed the new verson 2 of TB.....no joy
    > When I uninstall a group, It just reappears. most odd
    > Guess I'll have to live with it, which is a bit of a bummer as the
    > program has some good points.
    > Thanks anyway Mike

    OK, last thing. Close the program, then click on the Windows Start
    button, then Run and enter exactly:

    thunderbird.exe -p

    this will bring up the TB profile manager. Create a test profile. Do
    the problem continue in that?

    , May 4, 2007
  5. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 3, 5:11 pm, Mike Gellert <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> this is one of the crappy glitches of TB. Remove the newsgroups.
    >>> Close the program, and using your file manager located the News
    >>> section of the TB profile. Now, remove the files there. Restart TB.
    >>> Do things work now?

    >> Hi Peter,
    >> Tried all that.....no joy
    >> Have installed the new verson 2 of TB.....no joy
    >> When I uninstall a group, It just reappears. most odd
    >> Guess I'll have to live with it, which is a bit of a bummer as the
    >> program has some good points.
    >> Thanks anyway Mike

    > OK, last thing. Close the program, then click on the Windows Start
    > button, then Run and enter exactly:
    >
    > thunderbird.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the TB profile manager. Create a test profile. Do
    > the problem continue in that?

    Peter
    I think I'm on the right track, just having a bit of trouble in getting
    the new profile up and going....shall let you know if its going to be Ok
    later as I must dash
    Thanks mike

    Mike Gellert, May 4, 2007
  6. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    Mike Gellert wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm running 1.5 and subscribing to 6 newsgroups. Suddenly and repeatedly
    > I am being asked if I wish to subscribe to each group (when I already
    > am) and the read messages will not grayed out. I have deleted and
    > reinstalled without any luck. If fact it doesn't seem to delete at all,
    > as all my contacts and mail reappear !
    > Would be grateful if anyone can help, thanks
    > Mike

    Peter,
    Well done mate, all is going as it should be !!!
    Many thanks, Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 4, 2007