    persists, restart Outlook.

    I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    solution to this please.
    EbanHawk, Apr 28, 2004

  2. EbanHawk

    The Prophecy Guest

    EbanHawk wrote:
    > I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    > message...
    >
    > The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the problem
    > persists, restart Outlook.
    >
    > I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    > solution to this please.

    Did you check the knowledge base at Microsoft for this problem?
    The Prophecy, Apr 28, 2004

  3. EbanHawk

    EbanHawk Guest

    Yes only listing there was for reading email, and that was relating to 2002,
    there was nothing on deleting them.

    EbanHawk, Apr 28, 2004
  4. EbanHawk

    Boomer Guest

    "EbanHawk" <> did say:

    > I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    > message...
    >
    > The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the
    > problem persists, restart Outlook.
    >
    > I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer
    > some solution to this please.

    Would this be of some help?

    ""0x80040119" and "Unknown Error" Error Messages When You Try to Read,
    Send, Receive, or Delete E-mail"

    http://www.rselby.com/out2_3.htm
    Boomer, Apr 28, 2004
  5. EbanHawk

    °Mike° Guest

    The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813517

    How to Obtain the Latest Office XP Service Pack
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307841

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:30:24 +0100, in
    <5vUjc.182$>
    EbanHawk scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 28, 2004
  6. EbanHawk

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:5vUjc.182$,
    EbanHawk captured everyone's attention with this hysterical rendition of
    yankee doodle:
    > I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    > message...
    >
    > The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the problem
    > persists, restart Outlook.
    >
    > I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    > solution to this please.

    Uhm, did you try restarting Outlook?

    --
    Juan
    R.B. deux
    Juan Pérez, Apr 28, 2004
  7. EbanHawk

    The Prophecy Guest

    Juan Pérez wrote:
    > In news:5vUjc.182$,
    > EbanHawk captured everyone's attention with this hysterical rendition
    > of yankee doodle:
    >> I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    >> message...
    >>
    >> The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the
    >> problem persists, restart Outlook.
    >>
    >> I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    >> solution to this please.

    > Uhm, did you try restarting Outlook?

    If EbanHawk had already tried restarting Outlook do you think he would be
    posting here?
    The Prophecy, Apr 28, 2004
  8. EbanHawk

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:51:29 GMT, in
    <RzWjc.40452$NG2.3348@edtnps84>
    The Prophecy scrawled:

    >Juan Pérez wrote:
    >> In news:5vUjc.182$,
    >> EbanHawk captured everyone's attention with this hysterical rendition
    >> of yankee doodle:
    >>> I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    >>> message...
    >>>
    >>> The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the
    >>> problem persists, restart Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    >>> solution to this please.

    >> Uhm, did you try restarting Outlook?

    >If EbanHawk had already tried restarting Outlook do you think he would be
    >posting here?

    What an odd question.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 29, 2004
  9. EbanHawk

    Juan Pérez Guest

    The Prophecy typed:

    rendition
    >> of yankee doodle:
    >>> I can not delete any mail from my inbox, I get the following error
    >>> message...
    >>>
    >>> The messaging interface has returned and unknown error. If the
    >>> problem persists, restart Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> I have run repair and scanpst without success, can anyone offer some
    >>> solution to this please.

    >> Uhm, did you try restarting Outlook?

    > If EbanHawk had already tried restarting Outlook do you think he
    > would be posting here?

    It takes awhile for some to grasp the full significance of those pesky,
    annoying little error messages.
    Juan Pérez, Apr 29, 2004
  10. EbanHawk

    EbanHawk Guest

    I am not a total novice... I even restarted the system just to be thorough!!
    I also Googled the error before asking for help here.

    EbanHawk, Apr 29, 2004
  11. EbanHawk

    EbanHawk Guest

    Tank's for the idea Mike, however I had seen that, it does not show an error
    on forward or read just delete. It can be single message delete or multiple
    makes no odds. It is also only the inbox that is affected.

    EbanHawk, Apr 29, 2004
  12. EbanHawk

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried applying the service pack?

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:47:46 +0100, in
    <uF0kc.12$>
    EbanHawk scrawled:

    >Tank's for the idea Mike, however I had seen that, it does not show an error
    >on forward or read just delete. It can be single message delete or multiple
    >makes no odds. It is also only the inbox that is affected.
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error...
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813517
    >>
    >> How to Obtain the Latest Office XP Service Pack
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307841

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 29, 2004
  13. EbanHawk

    EbanHawk Guest

    I am fully upto date with all office products and XP.
    In the end I took the loss on the emails I had and deleted the pst and
    archive files, then created new ones.
    I can now run Outlook ok and mail comes in and will delete, however I now
    have 2 inactive Personal Folders that I can not remove because of the
    following error --- Operation failed. An object could not be found

    I think this prog hates me!

    EbanHawk, Apr 29, 2004
  14. EbanHawk

    °Mike° Guest

    Err Msg: Object Not Found When You Remove .PST
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292022

    Please don't say you have Outlook 2003; I know, and
    it's the same routine.

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:24:21 +0100, in
    <8Dckc.133$>
    EbanHawk scrawled:

    °Mike°, Apr 29, 2004
  15. EbanHawk

    dgoyani

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Outlook 2003 message interface error.

    I have seen some posts in and around which points some issues with Add-Ins. Remove all non native Outlook Add-Ins, restart OL and see if it solves your problem.

    Goto Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > AddIn Manager and remove all non native AddIns.

    See if it can help you. :veryprou:
    Thanks!
    dgoyani
    http://dgoyani.blogspot.com/
    dgoyani, Nov 29, 2007
  16. EbanHawk

    kleinbaas

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    St Neots, Cambridgeshire
    Re: Trouble with Outlook 2003 pro - The messaging interface has returned an unknown..

    FIXED!

    Problem: Error message when you try to print another user's shared calendar in Outlook 2003: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"

    Solution:
    1. On the File menu, click Print.
    2. Click Page Setup.
    3. On the Format tab, click to clear the TaskPad check box.
    4. Click OK to close the Page Setup dialog box.
    5. With the Daily Style print style selected, click OK to print the shared calendar.

    I also “reset” the Outlook MAPI file first, but this is not part of the solution.

    See support.microsoft.com/kb/912803/en-us for more details.

    Happy Hunting
    Al (IT Support for brightvisions.co.uk)
    kleinbaas, Mar 3, 2009