    advised by WinXP Home Edition that I don't have admin rights. I'm
    struggling....

    Dave
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBCZWV6ZQ==?=, Nov 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBCZWV6ZQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    Dave Beeze wrote:

    > My cable modem is connected to a static IP router/firewall. One
    > connection from the router goes into a WAP. The WAP services my home
    > system and wife's laptop. I want to be able to share a few files from
    > the Home unit to the Wife's Laptop. Is there a simple way to get this
    > done? I'm not sure if I need to set up workgroups or a simple wireless
    > network. Additionally, it seems that my user sign on (home unit) has
    > ADMIN rights but I'm consistently advised by WinXP Home Edition that I
    > don't have admin rights. I'm struggling....
    >
    > Dave

    If both computers can successfully get on the Internet (and that's what
    it sounds like from your post), then you've already set up a wireless
    network. You now need to set up your home local area network (lan)
    between the two computers.

    Start here:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20030130.shtml

    and here's another great link:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

    As for the last part of your problem, please post back with more details
    such as when you are getting the error - what applications, etc.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers