Trouble with Minolta DiMage 2300

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DJMaestro, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. DJMaestro

    DJMaestro Guest

    Im having horrible trouble trying to take any pictures with my Minolta
    DiMage. Short of just dumping it and buying a new one, I would like
    to get this one up and running again. I have put fresh batteries in
    turn on the camera and LCD screen. Then when I push my shutter button
    to take the picture...nothing. Today, I unscrewed and opened up the
    camera...there are screws in the front and rear of the camera securing
    it together.

    I pulled the front panel off the the camera just to see if there were
    any obvious signs of deterioration or water or anything. Found
    nothing. After re-securing it, I pulled off the rear panel, here's
    where it got interesting. I pulled off the rear panel and laid the
    camera on my desk, with the rear panel lying horizontally on the desk.
    I then tried to take a picture and it worked without a problem. I
    took about 4 pictures of the same object and it worked with no
    trouble, then when I re-secured the back panel to the camera, it did
    nothing. I detatched the back panel again and proceeded to take some
    20 plus pictures while the camera rested on the desk and the back
    panel rested on its back, exposing the cameras insides. And it again,
    worked like a charm. Then when I went to re-secure the back panel, it
    didnt work, again.

    Anyone have any clue what could be wrong? or what I can do to fix
    this issue. Any ideas would help. Appreciate it in advance.

    DJMaestro, Jul 17, 2003