    Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mac

    Mac Lynch, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Mac Lynch

    old jon Guest

    "Mac Lynch" <> wrote in message
    news:dal9v7$dae$...
    > Kia Ora
    > I am using a Gigabyte Motherboard with Win XP with SP No 2.
    > This has a games port that is supposed to enable a midi outlet.
    > I can only utilise the internal synthesiser.
    > Their is no mention of a midi out driver despite my having installed all
    > supplied drivers & the Device manager showing everything working properly.
    > I wish to use a midi keyboard to play my midi files that I was able to use
    > satisfactorily on my previous computer with a separate sound card.
    > Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mac

    And your midi software is ?. And can you play midi files with Win media
    player ?.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Mac Lynch

    Mac Lynch Guest

    In article <A_qze.2219$>,
    lid says...

    >"Mac Lynch" <> wrote in message
    >> Kia Ora
    >> I am using a Gigabyte Motherboard with Win XP with SP No 2.
    >> This has a games port that is supposed to enable a midi outlet.
    >> I can only utilise the internal synthesiser.
    >> Their is no mention of a midi out driver despite my having installed all
    >> supplied drivers & the Device manager showing everything working properly.
    >> I wish to use a midi keyboard to play my midi files that I was able to use
    >> satisfactorily on my previous computer with a separate sound card.
    >> Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    >> Thanks
    >> Mac
    >>

    >And your midi software is ?. And can you play midi files with Win media
    >player ?.
    >best wishes..OJ

    Thanks Jon
    I use cakewalk midi software.
    Win Media player only uses the internal synthesiser. This is working OK, but I
    wish to send the midi signals to my midi keyboard etc.
    Mac

    Mac Lynch, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Mac Lynch

    old jon Guest

    "Mac Lynch" <> wrote in message
    > Kia Ora
    > I am using a Gigabyte Motherboard with Win XP with SP No 2.
    > This has a games port that is supposed to enable a midi outlet.
    > I can only utilise the internal synthesiser.
    > Their is no mention of a midi out driver despite my having installed all
    > supplied drivers & the Device manager showing everything working properly.
    > I wish to use a midi keyboard to play my midi files that I was able to use
    > satisfactorily on my previous computer with a separate sound card.
    > Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mac

    Hi Mac. I use Cakewalk 9, and a Soundblaster card. I assume your using the
    on board sound
    (ac97 ?.) I`m afraid i don`t know whether that copes with midi ok. You have,
    of course set up your CW for midi out. And also don`t forget the cables to
    your Kboard are connected out>in
    and in>out, that confused me when I first started. You could try google for
    a choice of AC97
    drivers if your stuck. Hope you sort it.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Howdy!

    "Mac Lynch" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Jon
    > I use cakewalk midi software.
    > Win Media player only uses the internal synthesiser. This is working OK,

    but I
    > wish to send the midi signals to my midi keyboard etc.

    You also need to verify that the "MPU-401" emulation is ON in the
    BIOS, so that the MIDI interface will work.

    Then, you will probably need to set the MIDI Mapper (in XP, IIRC,
    it's Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Multimedia -->
    Audio --- I'd check, but this beast runs 2K Server) to use the MIDI port.

    After that, strangely enough, even WMP should use the MIDI keyboard
    B)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 9, 2005
  6. Re: Ralph Wade Phillips fucking very hairy spike-faggot

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 9, 2005