Trouble with mailing lists

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gualtier Malde, Aug 6, 2007.

  1. Hi-

    I'm using Tbird 2.0.0.6 in Windows 2000.

    I send out nearly 200 emails of a newsletter for a boating organization. I make
    lists of 20 names each from the main address book and send to each one. All
    works well, except:

    I fill the lists by highlighting a group of 20 names and moving them with a
    left-click drag into the appropriate list. Occasionally one or two of the names
    will be missing when I look at the list, but there will be one or two other
    names from further down the list. This puzzled me until I realized that the
    intruder names had the same address as the ones I wanted in the list. This
    happens when two members of the same family either aren't married or married and
    keep their own names, but use the same email address. Apparently Thunderbird
    goes down the full address list and picks the last entry with that email address.

    If I delete the intruder from the list it will go, but then I still can't put in
    the intended person. My "fix" is to send a separate email to the two or three
    victims whose names can't be put on the lists. That works.

    So I have a pretty easy fix, but just for curiosity - anyone got any ideas on
    this subject?

    Chuck
    Gualtier Malde, Aug 6, 2007