Trouble with gameport and adding game controllers on WinXP64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cnNt?=, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. Hi, thanks for your attention.

    I just installed Windows XP 64-Bit edition, and downloaded the 64 bit
    drivers for my soundblaster live soundcard. Now device manager recognizes the
    hardware fine, and I get sound again on my PC. It recognizes the creative
    gameport, and an "unsupported gameport" which i suppose is the one that comes
    with my motherboard.

    I'm trying to connect a Sidewider force feedback pro to the gameport on my
    soundblaster card. When I go to game controllers in control panel, there isnt
    anywhere an "add" button to install the sidewinder controller. Neither could
    I install the controller directly from the add hardware wizard.

    The strange thing is that the creative gameport is installed, recognized
    under device manager, but still "game controllers" applet in Control Panel
    seems to ignore this.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    PS. Tried disabling onboard audio and gameport on BIOS. "Unsupported
    gameport" is gone from device manager, but I still can't add anything on game
    controllers applet in control panel.

    =?Utf-8?B?cnNt?=, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Sadly Microsoft has discontinued the Sidewinders and there are no 64bit
    drivers to be had. But it still functions on Linux, though. There is a
    Logitech Wingman Force 3D, fully supported, not in the Sidewinder league,
    but it works fine.Basicly the only options I could come up with are USB
    devices.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 2, 2006