    firewall running and has checked her machine with a spyware checker.

    Anyone know what's going on?

    Thanks

    Mother Farquhar, Nov 11, 2004

  2. "Mother Farquhar" <> wrote in message
    > Hey there. A friend of mine has some trouble with Ebay pages (but nothing
    > else). What happens is this: all of the pages have tons of "X's" all over
    > them (where images are supposed to be) and "You are not authorised to view
    > this page." She has deleted her temp files, temp net files, cookies and
    > history. She has also rebooted her modem and PC countless times. She has
    > firewall running and has checked her machine with a spyware checker.

    PS She has Windows 98

    Mother Farquhar, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Mother Farquhar

    °Mike° Guest

    You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
    nothing occurs after you click a link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
    While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405

    HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
    or the Network Stops Responding
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386

    Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
    Stop Responding on Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624

    Nothing happens when you click a link
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:03:29 GMT, in
    <5bLkd.677$>
    Mother Farquhar scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Mother Farquhar

    Jim Tiberio Guest

    > Hey there. A friend of mine has some trouble with Ebay pages (but nothing
    > else). What happens is this: all of the pages have tons of "X's" all over
    > them (where images are supposed to be) and "You are not authorised to view
    > this page." She has deleted her temp files, temp net files, cookies and
    > history. She has also rebooted her modem and PC countless times. She has
    > firewall running and has checked her machine with a spyware checker.
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on?
    >
    > Thanks

    I had this problem, it was related to my Zone Alarm settings. I had to
    allow banner and pop-ups to make the problem go away.

    Jim Tiberio, Nov 11, 2004