trouble with ASP in W2k3 Server

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by kanoute696, Aug 2, 2008.

  1. kanoute696

    kanoute696

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    • if anyone could help I would be really grateful. here my story!

    apologies if Im going over old stuff here, Im new to all this.

    Server - Windows 2003 Standard

    .net framework 3.5
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

    I'm Installing Ms Sharepoint Server 2007 - When I try to start Sharepoint 3 central administration, it prompts me for a username and password (not entirely sure which one its refering?) when I put in the admin username\password I get Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

    In the application event log I get

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

    and

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

    I can only find a machine.config but it seems to only belong to version 2 - located in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

    I really dont know enough about all this and am reading as mucha s I can but getting nowwhere, anybody got any ideas?. Thanks in advance for any help.

    kanoute696, Aug 2, 2008