    www.scentisphere.com
    It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    Frank
    Frank, Sep 7, 2007

  2. Frank

    elaich Guest

    Frank <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote in
    news::

    > Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    > www.scentisphere.com
    > It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    > Frank

    Works fine for me. I do have Flashblock installed.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
    elaich, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Frank

    Old Enough Guest

    On 7 Sep 2007 13:48:07 GMT, elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Frank <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote in
    >
    >> Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    >> www.scentisphere.com
    >> It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    >> Frank
    >>

    >Works fine for me. I do have Flashblock installed.

    Works OK for me also.

    I don't know if I have Flashback installed. If it is a Firefox
    add-on, I don't hve it.

    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....
    Old Enough, Sep 7, 2007
  4. Frank wrote:
    > Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    > www.scentisphere.com
    > It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    > Frank

    what messages do you receive, if any? Do you have the latest
    flash installed [www.adobe.com]? Do you have any of these
    extensions installed: flashblock, noscript, or adblock
    installed? If so, do you have the lastest versions?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 7, 2007
  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >> Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    >> www.scentisphere.com
    >> It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    >> Frank

    > what messages do you receive, if any? Do you have the latest flash
    > installed [www.adobe.com]? Do you have any of these extensions
    > installed: flashblock, noscript, or adblock installed? If so, do you
    > have the lastest versions?

    Thanks for responses. It now works for me also. Guy at company said it
    must have been some temporary fluke with the site. It was frustrating
    because it happened half a dozen times and every other place I tried was
    OK.
    Frank
    Frank, Sep 7, 2007
  6. Frank

    Old Enough Guest

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:20:21 -0400, Old Enough <> wrote:

    >>Works fine for me. I do have Flashblock installed.

    >Works OK for me also.
    >
    >I don't know if I have Flashback installed. If it is a Firefox
    >add-on, I don't hve it.

    Guess I have to brush up on my Reading 101.
    Read "Flashback" where the poster mentioned "Flashblock"
    Duh!
    I'll blame it on advanced "old-timer's" disease . . .

    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....
    Old Enough, Sep 7, 2007
  7. Frank wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>> Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    >>> www.scentisphere.com
    >>> It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    >>> Frank

    >> what messages do you receive, if any? Do you have the latest flash
    >> installed [www.adobe.com]? Do you have any of these extensions
    >> installed: flashblock, noscript, or adblock installed? If so, do you
    >> have the lastest versions?
    >>

    > Thanks for responses. It now works for me also. Guy at company said it
    > must have been some temporary fluke with the site. It was frustrating
    > because it happened half a dozen times and every other place I tried was
    > OK.
    > Frank

    yeah, its always those mysterious flukes you have to be
    aware of. They'll get you when you least expect it. ;-) :-D

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 7, 2007
  8. Frank

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 7, 1:18 pm, Frank <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote:
    > Wonder why I cannot access this website:www.scentisphere.com
    > It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.
    > Frank

    yeah, it "works"...but who would WANT it.....working or otherwise???
    sandy58, Sep 7, 2007
  9. On 2007-09-07, Frank <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote:

    > Wonder why I cannot access this website:
    > www.scentisphere.com
    > It shuts Firefox down every time I've tried it.

    Do you have the "Odorama" add-on installed? :)

    Seriously, though -- it works here with FF-2.0.0.6 on linux. There are
    several Flash objects on the page; perhaps that's the problem?

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Sep 7, 2007