    I have down loaded the patch that was suppose to take care of this and I
    don't have a clue as to what else to do!
    Help, Crystal....

    Crystal, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Crystal

    Jim P Guest

    TRY AND INCLUDE SOME INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SYSTEM!!
    That always helps.

    "Crystal" <> wrote in message
    > What might the trouble be if everytime whether I choice shut down or

    restart

    Jim P, Oct 21, 2003

  3. >From: "Crystal"
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer

    >Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:02:09 GMT

    >What might the trouble be if everytime whether I choice shut down or restart
    >the computer goes through the shut down process and then comes right back
    >up?
    > I have down loaded the patch that was suppose to take care of this and I
    >don't have a clue as to what else to do!
    > Help, Crystal....

    Update virus definitions, and download Spybot Search & Destroy.

    Logoff Internet

    Install and run Spybot Search & Destroy.

    Push and hold the power switch for 4 - 5 seconds or press Reset switch, and
    turn off power supply ( or last resort unplug the damn thing)

    With power off, unplug the modem/DSL.

    Wait 10 minutes then restart again, but keep pressing the F8 key, until you see
    the boot menu, and choose Safe Mode.

    Run a full system virus scan.

    power down, plug in the modem

    restart and test.

    How is it now?

    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 23, 2003